Lookin for Tea and Sympathy

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SpottedCrow, Oct 20, 2008.

1. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

I'm a cardiac patient with corrected Tetralogy of Fallot. Twice actually with a couple of shunts and 6 catheterizations...blech.
    [​IMG]

5 Years ago, in the summer, I started having dizzy spells and arrythmia...very scary, but I thought it was stress from Tom's being killed, Jerry crowing and all that...but...it wasn't...

When your heart is worked on, the electric impulses that control your heart can make new and different pathways and mess things up...
    I rehomed Jerry and the next week I was in the hospital for more surgery. It was called a Cardiac Ablation...basically zapping the screwed up pathways and leaving the good ones.

And I had been fine since. Until the last cople of months...I had palpitations, sort of, feelings like my head was beating like a drum, and sort of dizzy...nothing big...

I went last week for my annual female physical, blech...and the doctor found something odd. My BP was very low, she couldn't get a pulse, checked my O2 and it was okay...I got blood taken too. 4 whole vials. I really DID assure her that I was alive...
    She sent me out to make appointments, an echocardiogram on Tues, a Carotid ultrasound on Thurs, and a follow up with my cardiologist tomorrow...

I got a call from my doctor on Thurs. Cholesterol fine, kidney and liver fine, Thyroid all screwed up. 170 when it's supposed to be 50. Red blood cells up, White blood cells up, especially the allergic reaction type...duh. Later, I get a call from the cardiologist's nurse, I have pulmonary stenosis...lovely...If you look at the lovely pic on the top there, you'll see why that's rather serious. The Pulmonary Artery carries the blood from the heart to the lungs to be oxygenated...and if it's not doing it's job, neither will you...

I'm very upset that I have more heart stuff going on...I knew that something wasn't right when I found myself sleeping sitting up because I was wheezing, crackling and gurgling when I was laying down...I KNEW it wasn't my asthma because the inhaler AND the nebulizer weren't doing a darned thing...

So tomorrow we'll see what the deal is...they might have to rotorooter the carotid if that's clogged, and the only cure for the stenosis is a stent...meaning more flippin' surgery...

So I'm majorly bummed...sigh

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] Its a good thing you were detected earlier than too late. At least surgery will correct the problem and you will be just fine. Its all the ordeal of waiting and MORE waiting for the tests, xrays to be done, sitting in the room waiting etc. is what kills most of us! [​IMG]

Chin up, it can not be all that bad than most people that had to deal with it day in day out!

3. tfpets

tfpets Mmm, tastes like chicken

I'm sorry you are having health issues, it bites when you're just going along and mortality smacks you in the face? I've spent a few hours hunkered up under my tomatoe plants in tears, forgetting to be grateful that I was still here....then I remember, hey I'm glad I'm still here to talk about it!! And I am glad you are here to share with us, and educate us, and share your chicken stories and support and knowledge with us!
    Hang in there, I hope you feel better, and that things work out well if you need to be rotorootered!

Tina/tfpets

4. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I'm glad you found it, that means you can take care of it and get on with life. It's harsh when our mortality raises it's head, but if you spin it in a positive way, it can make you live your life in a better and more enjoyable way because you appreciate it more. Sit back, have a cup of Constant Comment and a cookie and relax.
    kat

5. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Brenda, Hugs from my way. Take it one day at a time from someone that has had health issues and knows what it's like being poked and prodded. You knew something was amiss now you can work on getting it corrected.

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] for you, my friend. I hate it when this body tries to do me in. Take care of yourself, please!

7. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    Glad they know what it is, and was caught early enough. hope you get to feeling better soon. And get your spirits up their is something great to see or hear every day.

8. chickens4jojo

chickens4jojo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2008
    Upstate South Carolina
    I am so sorry. I am hoping it will be very fixable & that you will get it all taken care of quickly. They can really do amazing things with heart problems here in the USA...

Keep us posted! [​IMG]

9. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    My mom had her carotid rotorooted a few years back. She lost vision in an eye will walking on her tread mill. She said the surgery was no big deal. We did tease her for awhile, she looked kinda like frankenstein until the incision healed.

10. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

[​IMG] [​IMG] Now that they know what is going on, it can be fixed. Positive vibes sent your way.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by