looking after new pet bantam

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 67viv, May 1, 2015.

1. 67viv

67viv New Egg

May 1, 2015
    whitburn, west lothian
    Hi I have just acquired a rose comb bantam her name is Charlie, I called her after the man who gave me her , she was left alone after afox killed all her bantam family , I am trying to find a friend or two in my surrounding area for her but am not having much luck , she is a lovely wee bird and good fun

2. nj2wv

nj2wv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2015
    Lost Creek ,WV
    Welcome to BYC !!
    Try looking in the thread they have where you live. Someone may be selling some locally.

1 person likes this.
  3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Merry Christmas! Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome from Yorkshire UK

Glad you could join the flock! How nice of you to take Charlie in after she had lost her flock mates. She was very lucky to escape the fox. They usually kill everything in sight. Are you in Scotland? You can drop by the UK thread here is the link https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/655508/uk-member-please-say-hi/0_20 Also once you have a post count of 20 you could post a wanted ad in the new BST section > https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/16190/outside-of-u-s-other-countries-should-list-bst-items-here

Have you tried Preloved or Freeads? Lots of poultry on there. Or do you have a local fur and feather market near to you? Its ashame we are not closer as I have some little polish at the moment that I could have helped you with.

Good luck in finding Charlie some friends. Enjoy BYC :frow

1 person likes this.
  4. N F C

N F C eggnog time! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Charlie is a lucky girl, by escaping the fox and by finding a new caring home. Birds are a lot of fun, I hope you can find Charlie a friend or two soon.

Nice to have you here!

1 person likes this.
  5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You might consider having Charlie as a house pet. Many people do, and pet chickens can quickly become a good substitute for a dog or cat. You might like to check out the "people with house chickens," thread. My friend has 5 housepet chickens 3 silkies and 2 seramas and they bully her dog.

1 person likes this.
  7. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] I'm glad you joined our community!

I hope you can find some nice friends for Charlie! I'm sure she's happy that you took her in. [​IMG]

8. 67viv

67viv New Egg

May 1, 2015
    whitburn, west lothian
    Thankyou for your help .still havent found her a pal or two she is loveing my garden , charlie has made herself at home

9. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Glad to hear Charlie is settling in well. Good luck finding her some buddies. Yorkshire Coop has given you some great links to check out.

10. 67viv

67viv New Egg

May 1, 2015
    whitburn, west lothian
    Thanx for all your help . I am totally shattered and starting to get fed up looking for another pal for Charlie . nothing near where I am so I
    Will slow down the now

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by