looking at my list and checken it twice

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by DaKid, Dec 6, 2009.

1. DaKid

DaKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Berkley , Ma.
    Ok I looking at my list and checking it twice -on what type of turkeys I need to order for this coming spring.
    I'm looking on getting some of the big broad breasted turkeys (for eatting ) and then some just as for pets and raising .
    I now have a pair of Bourbon Red Turkeys and trio of Royal Palm Turkeys .
    I am thinking on getting a trio of the following breeds - Blue Slate Turkeys , Black Spanish Turkey and the Narragansett Turkey s .
    For the meaty I'm thinking on going with the Giant White & Broadbreasted Bronze which I had very good luck and some nice size birds this past year, I need a few good size meat turkeys (like 28-40 lbs plus ) for the holidays and family cook outs , seeing we feed a large family during these days of 20 plus family members . so I like the last turn out from my other birds.

But as for my pet Turkeys I like the blue slate and the narragansett & maybe a trio of Black Spanish , I think they would go great with my red bourbons and royal plams .

What do you think , I'm looking for a colorful turkey collection .

Alan

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  2. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Sounds like a good plan to me!

"Everybody loves a turkey"

Steve in NC

3. paulinaydern

paulinaydern Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2009
    When I quickly glanced at your post title I could have sworn it said, "looking at my list and chicken it twice."

I had to take a second look.

P.

4. DaKid

DaKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Berkley , Ma.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    When I quickly glanced at your post title I could have sworn it said, "looking at my list and chicken it twice."

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ur' Right That's 2 Funny , [​IMG]

5. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

I love the blue slates, I think they are beautiful. I have been thinking of getting those myself.
    Someone offered me some buff turkeys in the spring but I haven't decided what to get yet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by