1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

looking at my list and checken it twice

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by DaKid, Dec 6, 2009.

1. DaKid

DaKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Berkley , Ma.
    Ok I looking at my list and checking it twice -on what type of turkeys I need to order for this coming spring.
    I'm looking on getting some of the big broad breasted turkeys (for eatting ) and then some just as for pets and raising .
    I now have a pair of Bourbon Red Turkeys and trio of Royal Palm Turkeys .
    I am thinking on getting a trio of the following breeds - Blue Slate Turkeys , Black Spanish Turkey and the Narragansett Turkey s .
    For the meaty I'm thinking on going with the Giant White & Broadbreasted Bronze which I had very good luck and some nice size birds this past year, I need a few good size meat turkeys (like 28-40 lbs plus ) for the holidays and family cook outs , seeing we feed a large family during these days of 20 plus family members . so I like the last turn out from my other birds.

But as for my pet Turkeys I like the blue slate and the narragansett & maybe a trio of Black Spanish , I think they would go great with my red bourbons and royal plams .

What do you think , I'm looking for a colorful turkey collection .

Alan

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  2. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Sounds like a good plan to me!

"Everybody loves a turkey"

Steve in NC

3. paulinaydern

paulinaydern Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2009
    When I quickly glanced at your post title I could have sworn it said, "looking at my list and chicken it twice."

I had to take a second look.

P.

4. DaKid

DaKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Berkley , Ma.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    When I quickly glanced at your post title I could have sworn it said, "looking at my list and chicken it twice."

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ur' Right That's 2 Funny , [​IMG]

5. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

I love the blue slates, I think they are beautiful. I have been thinking of getting those myself.
    Someone offered me some buff turkeys in the spring but I haven't decided what to get yet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by