Looking for 1 rooster

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Virginiapeeps, May 15, 2009.

1. Virginiapeeps

Virginiapeeps Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2009
    Independence, Virginia
    Looking to buy 1 young rooster and a few more pullets with reasonable distance from Independence Virginia.

2. Nivrocco

Nivrocco Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2009
    S.W. VA
    I have young Buff Orp. roos and Black Australorp roos, Possible an Ameraucana roo. I am near Roanoke, VA.

3. Virginiapeeps

May 1, 2009
    Independence, Virginia
    Would you be willing to meet me part way? Do you have pictures of grown rooster or hens with these breeds. I'm new to this and not sure what they look like.

4. Chickfever

Chickfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    Quote:There's a livestock auction in Mtn. City, TN (which mapquest says is about 1 1/2 hrs from you) tomorrow. If you can get there around 10 or so so you can see the chickens as they come in, that's your best bet to see what they'll have. The auction starts at 11. The roosters usually go for less than $5 and hens that were laying went for $12.

5. Virginiapeeps

May 1, 2009
    Independence, Virginia
    Thanks for the info Chickfever....appreciate it!! Already have plans for the morning. Is this something that they do once a month or every saturday??

6. Chickfever

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    Quote:They have it every other Saturday. Here's a link that has the dates: http://www.auctionzip.com/TN-Auctioneers/32109.html

It's
    on the left hand side of the road coming from Abingdon beside the quarry [​IMG]. Sort of in a curve. I missed it the first time [​IMG] .

You are welcome [​IMG]. There's another one in Morristown somewhere but I don't know all that much about it. I can give you a number to someone who would know though.

7. Virginiapeeps

May 1, 2009
    Independence, Virginia
    Thanks for information Chickfever. I added auction site to my favorites list. I'm afraid I might come away from there with more than I went for. hahha. I would like to go sometime soon. Thanks again.

8. JewellFarm

JewellFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Lebanon, Virginia
    I am so glad you guys posted about the auction in Mountain City. I have been looking for one. I am in the Lebanon area. Nice to see neighbors in SW VA.

9. Virginiapeeps

May 1, 2009
    Independence, Virginia
    howdy neighbor:)

10. Chickfever

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    There were a lot of buff orps there the first time I went. This last time there were a lot of barred rocks, several gamey looking birds, and lots of pheasant babies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by