looking for 2 4 week old mallard/rouen ducklings

athelsel

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 11, 2014
my daughter had two ducklings who we lost to a neighbors dog this morning. she doesn’t know yet, and i am scrambling to find two to hopefully swap out without her knowing the sad truth. if anyone can direct me or give me any advice on finding these i would appreciate it

my daughter had two ducklings who we lost to a neighbors dog this morning. she doesn’t know yet, and i am scrambling to find two to hopefully swap out without her knowing the sad truth. if anyone can direct me or give me any advice on finding these i would appreciate it
So sorry for your loss. :hugs My suggestion is to try craigslist.

So very sorry for your loss, I think it might be a better idea to just tell her, as she will likely be able to tell the difference unless she is very very young. I agree your best bet to find one quickly and locally would be Craigslist, try the farm and garden section.

Do you have a TSC or other farm store in your area? They have ducklings some times, and often Mallards.
It may be best to tell her though. Plus, its likely you will loose some to predators as adults, and even if not you will loose them eventually. Its good for her to know its part of the process.
I'm sorry for your loss. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom