Looking for 2nd opinion on breed...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by saluki33, Jan 1, 2010.

1. saluki33

saluki33 New Egg

Jan 1, 2010
    I am guessing Ameraucana and New Hampshire Red, thoughts?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Linkoso

Linkoso Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Swe.
    The first one looks like a lohmann brown or something... A hybrid/batteri chicken (production red or what are you call them here in BYC?).

The second one... We dont have ameraucanas here in Sweden so I cant say if she's a so called easter egger or an ameraucana.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  3. GlitterKitty

GlitterKitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    The first almost looks like a red sex link. I have two of those and my girl looks like you except her comb is smaller...

4. GraceAK

GraceAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    Eagle River, AK
    the first one also looks like a red sex link to me. The second one is probably an easter egger. Does she lay yet, and if so, are they green? I'd say EE then.

5. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    she looks like she could be an ameraucana, silver duckwing? look at how full her beard and muffs are and she has slate legs. I'm not thinkin EE for this one

6. saluki33

saluki33 New Egg

Jan 1, 2010
    Dawn's (grey legs) eggs are always light tan, almost stone, and relatively large. Shiny (red) lays brown, smaller, more rounded eggs. Both average 1 a day up unitl recently, winter and rain have slowed production. We live in the city and they run around my back yard all day. My daughter loves them!

7. Ariel301

Ariel301 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Kingman Arizona
    Production Red and the second one is an Easter Egger for sure if she lays brown eggs. Real Ameraucanas only lay blue.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by