Looking for 4 to 6 young hens in SE PA...

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by EmmyGirl, Aug 10, 2008.

1. EmmyGirl

EmmyGirl Out Of The Brooder

Aug 2, 2008
    Skippack, PA
    [​IMG] I've struck out with every local source I know-- Agway, local farmers, etc. Moyer's in Quakertown said they wouldn't have any pullets until Oct/Nov. Does anyone have a few (4 to 6) young hens they'd like to sell? I'm not picky about breed but need something hardy here in SE PA (near Skippack) since it does get pretty cold in the winter, and would prefer fairly reliable brown egg layers if possible! Thanks!!! [​IMG]

2. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:Have you tried the Lancaster and Reading craigslists? I've been seeing loads of chickens for sale there. [​IMG] Good luck and welcome to BYC.

3. EmmyGirl

Aug 2, 2008
    Skippack, PA
    Thanks for replying so fast! I have tried the whole area including DE and MD Craig's List too. The chickens are on there but nobody replies back--I guess the chickens get scooped up pretty quick! Thanks for the welcome, too!! [​IMG]

4. Shaffer

Shaffer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    Emmygirl,
    Try Hinkjc, Sara they may have some hens for sale. Harry

5. EmmyGirl

Aug 2, 2008
    Skippack, PA
    Thanks, Harry, I'll try them! [​IMG]

6. peachick

peachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    Im just south of York PA in MD 21787. I have 3 girls I can let go of, they are standard cochins.

If you want roos, I'll sell a pair of my wheaten ameracanas..... or exchequer leghorns.... or buff laced polish. (cant sell hens only)

I have lots of silkies too.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  7. Wanda

Wanda Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    There is a guy always advertising on the York craigslist. He has a couple types of young pullets and hens but you have to call him. He is located in Delta, Pa.

Wanda

8. Wanda

Wanda Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    BTW - they are in the farm and garden section, he has red sex links, barred rocks, white leghorns and some young easter eggers or ameracaunas.

Wanda

9. EmmyGirl

Aug 2, 2008
    Skippack, PA
    Thanks for the info Kat and Wanda!
    Kat, your babies are absolutely beautiful--really enjoyed your website! Just wish I wasn't so far away from your place---On googlemaps it's about 3 hrs one way so I'm going to try a little closer (I'm pretty far east in PA, not too far from Valley Forge in the NW 'burbs of Phila). We just had some big thunderstorms here and I can't get on Craig's List but will try that route again! Thanks again guys!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by