Looking for ~6 month old Peahen in western KY.

chckndaddy

Songster
6 Years
Apr 4, 2017
I had a pair of around 6 month old blue peafowl that I was planning on breading when they matured. But the hen unexpectedly died on Monday. We are looking to replace her with a new hen preferably around the same age. The young cock is getting lonely. šŸ˜”

Thanks ahead of time to anyone who can help!

I had a pair of around 6 month old blue peafowl that I was planning on breading when they matured. But the hen unexpectedly died on Monday. We are looking to replace her with a new hen preferably around the same age. The young cock is getting lonely. šŸ˜”

Thanks ahead of time to anyone who can help!
Do you know why your bird died?

She had some kind of respiratory infection due to dust, I think she just couldn't get enough air and she choked. This happened just before we started letting them free range, she'd probably be fine now if she'd just made it 3 more days.

She had some kind of respiratory infection due to dust, I think she just couldn't get enough air and she choked. This happened just before we started letting them free range, she'd probably be fine now if she'd just made it 3 more days.
Is your other pea showing any signs of illness?

He is still sneezing a bit but I'm hoping a few more days of free range will clear this right up. They've been in the back of a dusty barn all winter while we were getting them used to their new home. We've had a Vet involved, they said to just get as much ventilation as possible and try to cut down the amount of dust that was in there.

Back
Top Bottom