1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking for a Breeder in Indiana

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by ChickenNewbie, Apr 2, 2009.

1. ChickenNewbie

ChickenNewbie New Egg

Apr 2, 2009
    I am looking for a few chicks from a local breeder. My son is going to be raising them as a project, and we are hoping to get a few eggs. We have done all of our research about coops and raising, etc. but are at a loss of where to get our chicks. The boy wants to go buy them at the local farm store, but I really don't want to get any roosters.

Any suggestions as where to start will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

ChickenNewbie in Lafayette, Indiana

2. Indychick

Indychick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Check out member Indiana Hens - super nice. [​IMG]

3. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    What breeds are you wanting?

4. FLOWERPOT

FLOWERPOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    What part of Indiana are you in?

5. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    We are in west central. Right along highway 40 between Terre Haute and Indianapolis

6. ChickenNewbie

ChickenNewbie New Egg

Apr 2, 2009
    We are looking for Ameraucanas, RIR's and Orpingtons. My son is interested in Silkies, but we aren't looking for those right now.

We are in Lafayette, IN.

Stacy

7. Sebrightmom

Sebrightmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    Greencastle, IN
    I will have some Standard Ameraucana chicks for sale. I am asking $5 each. Right now, I have a waiting list for the blues, but will have some blacks for sale.

8. craftymomto5

craftymomto5 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 29, 2008
    Sorry to hijack this thread but I am from S.E Indiana (an hour south of Indy) and am looking for someone who sells cochins , black copper marans or australorps. [​IMG]

9. ()relics

()relics horse/dog shrink

Jan 4, 2009
    indiana
    Quote:Hey fellow hoosier...I live 30 minutes north of laffy...I have leghorn,barred rock,ameruana chicks that hatched march 16th...I'm not a professional at the vent sexing thing so they are straight run...if you are interested PM me and we will work something out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by