Looking for a breeder of LF Buff Orpingtons - the really fluffy, round

Kelly G

Crowing
15 Years
Mar 19, 2008
Tampa (Wesley Chapel), Florida
My Coop
My Coop
I have a flock of all hatchery birds......I wanted to get some bird keeping skills under my belt before I put out a lot of money on nice birds - and the time has come
big_smile.png

I have some gorgeous SLW chicks on order for next month from Rebecca @ Foley's....I'm so excited that I can hardly stand it!!!!!!!!!!

Next on my "bucket list" of chickens is really, really nice Buff Orpingtons. I took my neice to the zoo last weekend, and they had some unbelievably gorgeous birds there in their petting zoo area. Loved them......LOVED THEM!

I'm looking for the big, really round and fluffy ones........like these I found on Google:

orpingtonbuffmale.jpg

buff_orpington_bis.jpg

.......do you know anyone on here breeding Orps like this? I'm willing to buy chicks or fertile eggs.

Thanks for your time!

Hello there,
I have some LF Buff Orps. The are not quiet like thoses, the ones you pictured are English Buff Orps.
I have nice show stock which are really fluffy but not quiet so round as the English ones.

DSCI0079.jpg

You can also see more pictures on my website and one of the Roosters is on the cover of Out Here magazine from Tractor Supply

http://www.tractorsupply.com/content/magazine/current/current

Good luck on your search.
Sharon

Hi, Sharon! Thanks for posting.......and your Buffs are beautiful!

I sent an email to the zoo asking them to put me in touch with their resource - and you're right, they are definitely the English variety. It seems I may have a really hard time getting my hands on the buff variety in the states - for some reason the BBS varieties have caught on, but not the buff??

I'm going to see if I can locate some English - but I want you to know how much I appreciate your offer to buy some of your beautiful birds.

Kelly

Check with bargain. I always get beautiful eggs from her orps.

I believe I may have what you are looking for. I just need to find the time to get out there with my camera. I have been breeding specifically for that look.

Sydney
Feather People Farm

Back
Top Bottom