1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking for a breeder of true Ameraucana's in Oregon/SW Washington

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by rosemaryfromoregon, Dec 23, 2009.

1. rosemaryfromoregon

rosemaryfromoregon Out Of The Brooder

Nov 29, 2008
    Eugene, OR
    Hi all,

I am very new to chicken keeping-----I got my very first hens (two production RIR's) last September-----and I am LOVING IT more than I ever thought possible!!!

I am thinking of a new breed for this Spring (yes, I am already hopelessly addicted) and I sure would love to find some true Ameraucana's. (Easter Eggers sound really great too, but I'm just not keen on the olive-colored eggs they often lay.)

Does anyone know of a breeder of true Ameraucana's in Oregon or SW Washington?

Thanks so much.

Rosemary

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  2. Rusty Hills Farm

Rusty Hills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    Up at the barn
    Check out Pips & Peeps! She has gorgeous birds AND a great reputation.

HTH

Rusty

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Pips & Peeps is in Easter Washington, but Jean's the one you want. Also try tailfeathers, (Royce), he has some gorgeous birds.

4. rosemaryfromoregon

rosemaryfromoregon Out Of The Brooder

Nov 29, 2008
    Eugene, OR
    WOW, thanks for the quick replies!

Yeah, I looked up Pips & Peeps and it would take 16 hours round trip, so probably not a possibility.

Do you know where Tailfeathers is located?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by