Looking for a cheap homemade/used incubator...PA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by duckncover, Jan 21, 2009.

1. duckncover

duckncover Duck Obsessed

Jan 17, 2009
    North Eastern PA
    I'm looking for a used incubator...nothing big. I really would like it if someone could just make me one. I haven't the skills to make one and to be honest I can't find most of the supplies.Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

Please include your price and an estimate shipping with your offer!

2. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Where in PA are you?

3. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    He's in Throop.

4. griffin45

griffin45 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    South Central Virgina
    Quote:I will get my husband on here when he gets off work. He can make you one fairly inexpensively. However, we are in VA and I don't know how much shipping would be.

Perhaps someone closer can help this BYCer.

5. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Have you seen the styrofoam incubator/coolers?

All I needed was a styrofoam cooler (freecycle, omaha steaks kind), a dimmer, a light set up (the kind you'd make a bottle in to a lamp), a hygrometer, a lightbulb and a piece of glass from a cheap picture frame if you want a viewing window.

Cost me less than $15, IIRC.

You have to hand turn and it doesn't have a fan, but it works. Very easy to make, too.

6. sara

sara Title Needed Here

If my dog hadn't chewed the bottom, I have an LG I'd give you. It's not perfect but would have gotten you started. I wonder if you can order a new bottom..

7. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:Hmmm? [​IMG] oh I am bad

8. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Henry, if you can get a replacement bottom for it it's yours as soon as I finish the incubator I am making. [​IMG] It's a still air, but I've gotten hatches from it. I just prefer my hovabator.

9. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:LOL I will look around for a replacement bottom [​IMG] My mom be so mad I woudln't be able to use it until Fall any way [​IMG]

10. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I'll look and see if there is a model # or anything. Just say it's a class project. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by