Looking for a "CHEEP" design that can fit 3-5 chickens

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by flirty31, Sep 18, 2012.

1. flirty31

flirty31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    I am having a heck of a time finding plans that are not extremely expensive materials-wise, too much coop, or just plain available.

I even have a hard time finding coop plans on this website. I have googled and checked out books from the library, but what I need is a blueprint so that I have something to follow.

Does anyone have one or can anyone point me in the right direction?
    [​IMG]
    My little Barred Rock needs a home!

2. minister man

minister man Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2010
    New Brunswick
    I bought a book called " Bulding Chicken Coops For Dummies". you might find an idea or two in there. The first half of the book, shows how to build things, and then there are a few plans. Each of those plans come with cutting diagrams, and lists of material needed. I know there is one plan for what they call the "minimal coop", whick is 4x4 and raised up off the ground. I don't like everything about the book, but it is pretty discriptive for a beginner. I can't remember what the book cost, but you might find it at a libray or something.

1 person likes this.
  3. flirty31

flirty31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    You know, I have that book checked out from the library right now. I should give it another look, for some reason I didn't like the coop plans I saw in there but maybe I could modify the one you're talking about.

Thanks for reminding me of that book!

4. Brookhavens

Brookhavens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2012
    Brooksville,FL
    You also may want to go on Youtube and watch some videos. There are a lot of smaller coops and chicken tractors on there.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by