1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking for a chick and or runner duck in Southern NJ

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by bluebird144, Jul 10, 2007.

1. bluebird144

bluebird144 New Egg

Jul 10, 2007
    Hi. I'm new to the forum.
    I am in desperate need of a chick for companionship to one lone chick that hatched in a batch of duck eggs!

He is orphaned and being raised in the house as of now, but I would love to get him a companion chick for company. Preferably a bantam breed or silkie if possible. None of my chickens are sitting or broody right now.

Also looking for a runner duckling. Possibly swap for call duckling if you want.

thanks!

Kris

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  2. chickaboo7

chickaboo7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Manahawkin NJ
    Where are you? I have some chicks. Bantams. I would be happy to trade you one or two for a standard if you have one. What kind of chick do you have and how old is he. I live by L.B.I.

3. bluebird144

bluebird144 New Egg

Jul 10, 2007
    Hey Chickaboo.

I'm about an hour from LBI.

I only have one chick. He is an Old English bantam. (I say "he" simply because we named him Meatball for his habit of rolling around after foster Mamma duck knocked him down!) The O.E. hens must have snuck some eggs into my call duck's nest. Meatball is the only one that made it and is too small to be raised with the ducklings, even though Mamma duck accepted him and vice-versa.

Do you have any silkie or bantam cochin chicks? I wish I had a standard to trade, but my standard hens are really old (11+) and infertile. I can pay you for a chick. Or if you want I can give you Meatball. I just don't want him to be lonely since he looks so lost and sad without Mamma duck and his duck siblings.

4. chickaboo7

May 18, 2007
    Manahawkin NJ
    WoW! Fate is a funny lady with and odd sense of humor. I have OEGH too! I also have Jap. bantams. They are younger then the OE IF you want I'll bring a couple of them half way and you can pick. Let me know. I do have a bantam Cochin and a lt. Brahma. They are a little witchy some times but it might be because they were the last ones introduced to the flock

5. goldensunriseranch

goldensunriseranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Mays Landing NJ
    Hi, I have 3 little runner ducklings that I hatched hoping to hatch black ones, and it appears they will be white (yellow down). I would like to sell all 3 together for $20 if you don't mind 3. Right now they are living with my muscovy ducklings which I think will outgrow them soon. I am in Southern NJ, in Mays Landing. Thanks! Michelle

6. bluebird144

bluebird144 New Egg

Jul 10, 2007
    Hi Chickaboo.

I am hoping that my little chick is still OK in the morning. He seems depressed. [​IMG] I wish I had made the time to make the drive to get one of your chicks today.

I will write or call you in the morning to see about getting a companion. He is only a couple days old, so if the Japanese bantams are the smallest chicks, then I will buy one or a couple from you. I will drive to Manahawkin. I don't want to ask you to meet me half way with the price of gas these days! My email is [email protected] if you want to send me your phone number to arrange my getting a chick.

Goldensunriseranch:

I was hoping to buy or get just one runner duckling. Right now I have 3-4 Call ducklings that I am hoping to find homes for. If you don't mind selling me just one runner or trading for a mini duck, let me know. Thanks!

7. chickaboo7

May 18, 2007
    Manahawkin NJ
    Hi Hows the baby? Did you get my e-mail? I'll be home most of today if you want to come by. I sent you my #. Call me.

8. bluebird144

bluebird144 New Egg

Jul 10, 2007
    Here is poor little Meatball with one of those Easter electronic chicks you hold in your hand. You can see how small he is!!

[​IMG]

9. bluebird144

bluebird144 New Egg

Jul 10, 2007
    Let me just start out by saying I am so happy to have found this site and the wonderful people at it!!

A special thanks to Sunrise Ranch for the beautiful silkie chicks which are Meatball's new best friends. I also want to thank Chickaboo for offering chicks as well.

Here is Meatball chillin' with his peeps!
    [​IMG]

Thanks Michelle!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by