Looking for a chicken harness

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by PurpleChicken, Nov 15, 2011.

1. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    I'm in the process of moving into a condo and have decided there is no way I can part with Dini, my last remaining chicken. I need to find a chicken harness for her so I can walk her along with my dog a few times a day. Yes, I'm sure my neighbors are going to think I'm nuts but being called the crazy chicken guy is better than what a lot of others have called me.

I'd rather buy one from a BYC member than look elsewhere.

Thanks,
    PC

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  2. dominga

dominga Out Of The Brooder

Oct 6, 2011
    Largo,FL
    a chicken harness? i've never heard of that. I'd love to get one....do you think someone could make one instead?

3. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    [​IMG] I need a photo of this PC! I have a small harness from my chihuahua-he doesnt use it..Dont know if it will work-Ill hunt it down and look at it to see how it would work:) Is your widdle baby a bantam or LF??? [​IMG]

4. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    One of the wonderful ladies on here that makes saddles, also makes harnesses. I can't remember who it is at the moment though.

6. PurpleChicken

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Quote:Yup, I've seen them here and if you do a Google search there are pictures out there. I know I've seen them here at some point through the years.

I'm sure I can make one but don't want to go through all the R&D and patenting such civilization changing device could bring. [​IMG]

7. PurpleChicken

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Quote:Dini is a Blue Aracauna and yes she is my "widdle baby". [​IMG]
    (when 200 cockerels show up in the mail you know who they came from [​IMG] )

8. PurpleChicken

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Yeah, keep laughing. (ordering another 200 cockerels)

9. PurpleChicken

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Quote:Exactly. I can't remember either.

10. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

http://www.louisescountrycloset.com/

This
    website has some great chicken aprons. I thought it had chicken harnesses but she only has rabbit ones. Maybe you can ask her what the difference is. I don't see why you couldn't just put a saddle on her with a ring in it and hook the rabbit harness to it. Or any other leash actually.... Just a thought.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by