1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking for a chicken processor near McKinney TX

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by scrote1879, Oct 25, 2015.

1. scrote1879

scrote1879 New Egg

Aug 8, 2015
    I am thinking about getting some meat chickens and I was wondering if there was a chicken processor within a reasonable distance of McKinney TX. Reasonable distance would probably be 25 miles or so, preferably north or east of McKinney, I don't really want to travel across DFW if I can avoid it.

I have not really firmed up a number of chickens that I want to raise, but probably at least 20, I have plenty of land to work with so the numbers could increase.

Thanks in advance for the reply.

2. beetandsteet

beetandsteet Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2015
    SE Texas
    I would actually recommend you process your chickens yourself, or find a local organic farmer who processes their own birds themselves, and see if you could pay him/her to process yours. It'd be a pity to see your homegrown chicken meat be subjected to all the kinds of things they do at a regular processing plant (including 20 plus chlorine baths, chilling vats with inches of manure sludge on the bottom, etc.)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by