Looking for a coop in Arizona

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chickenfever, Sep 4, 2008.

1. chickenfever

chickenfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    Arizona
    I'm looking for a coop or something that can be used as a coop, if anyone lives in Arizona Prescott- Tri City area and has one they want to sell or get rid of. Let me know, Thanks

2. Shogun99

Shogun99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Las Cruces, NM
    I'm from AZ and I LOVE prescott! I did a lot of growing up there at my grandparents' place up in the hills and I think many squirrels and birds still pass down stories to their progeny about my aim with a BB gun.

Depending on how many birds you have, I would MAKE one. Just get some spare lumber and look up how to do it online. If you have a LOT of birds, make a large house, but if only a few, I'd go for the pyramid shaped A-Frame model. Lots better than buying the overpriced ones on the net. GOOD LUCK!

Ryan

3. chickenfever

chickenfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    Arizona
    Yeah, I think Prescott is great too!

I did build my first coop 4x8 and spent about $300 dollars in lumber doing it. I then bought 21 chicks thinking I would sell half and keep only 8-10. Then my neighbors changed their mind and ordered their own, and I got attached to them and now I have 21 chicks permanently (DH is so excited! [​IMG]) So, I need a second coop about the same size again and don't want to spend $300 dollars making it. Havn't been able to find any discount lumber anywhere.

4. Shogun99

Shogun99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Las Cruces, NM
    Might sound harsh, but I'd cull a few and have a few for supper... Keep your eye out for spare lumber. Us Humans are dirty filthy creatures and we leave it all over the place and by the highway! I've found LOTS of it just driving and my roosting boxes and roost area are made from it. Cool huh?

Ryan

5. 65browneyes

65browneyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    chickenfever

Check out this link to an add on craigslist: http://prescott.craigslist.org/for/828061972.html

I
    realize this is much bigger than what you are looking for, but may give you an idea. I've seen so very many ads for sheds, lumber, even chicken coops in the Tri-Cities area on craigslist.

BTW, I'm just on the other side of Mingus in the Verde Valley.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by