Looking for a duck or a rooster

Sep 22, 2019
I have 4 Easter Eggers they have been attacked a lot recently for example a few days ago an Akita bear hunting dog attacked them they got away unhurt today a hawk attacked one and I saved it by throwing rocks at it. I’m looking for a non aggressive rooster or duck that is friendly to humans and other chickens and ducks, but protective and is aggressive only to intruders, strangers, and predators. Please send pictures and describe the personality of your duck or rooster and what type and does it have a name and what age and stuff like that. Also be sure to tell me your location I live in New Jersey if your looking to rehome a duck or a rooster please comment or message [email protected]

Be careful about adding a drake to a chicken hen flock unless you also have duck hens.
Ok it’s not like I’m putting them together right when I get a rooster or a drake I’m gonna separate the new comers and quartine them in the back pen I have so my chickens get to see it and it sees my chickens, but what do you mean by duck hens I have Easter egger hens

If you have no duck hens (female ducks) do not get a drake. With no female ducks present a drake may start breeding the chicken hens which can cause serious health issues. Drakes have penises - roosters do not; therefore, the reproductive tract of chicken hens is not built for the insertion of 'objects'.

I would get a rooster. Not a duck. Ducks do best with ducks.. also a drake can seriously injure a chicken hen if he tries to breed it. The two are not made the same.

I have 4 Easter Eggers they have been attacked a lot recently for example a few days ago an Akita bear hunting dog attacked them they got away unhurt today a hawk attacked one and I saved it by throwing rocks at it. I’m looking for a non aggressive rooster or duck that is friendly to humans and other chickens and ducks, but protective and is aggressive only to intruders, strangers, and predators. Please send pictures and describe the personality of your duck or rooster and what type and does it have a name and what age and stuff like that. Also be sure to tell me your location I live in New Jersey if your looking to rehome a duck or a rooster please comment or message [email protected]
I have quite a few silkie roos that need a good home and like people. They're sweet love all people snacks won't destroy a garden and are good with dogs and cats. Email me if your interested. We are in portage mi.

Back
Top Bottom