Looking for a Duck to bring home

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Eweber616, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Eweber616

Eweber616 Hatching

Apr 4, 2018
    Maryland
    Hi fellow duck friends, this is my first post, but have read plenty of others for very useful information! I had two female muscovy ducks for the last year but one just passed away recently (still not sure from what but waiting for results). We are having our other duck checked out but she seems perfectly fine just very lonely. We are trying to avoid her becoming depressed and are looking for a companion for her. Our absolute last resort is to give her away to someone who has more ducks that she can bond with. We have a decent size pen for them and a shelter for them to be kept in at night. Since it does get cold here in the winter, we do bring them in at night to sleep and sometimes they hang out inside. We have a large yard for them to roam and we spend a lot of time with them. Hoping someone can help! Whether they have a duck they are looking to give away or part with or know of a farm or place where we can adopt one. Looking in the Maryland area but will also consider surrounding states such as PA, DE, VA, NC, WV, NY, etc. We want to avoid ducklings since we want one that is a bit older and can more easily bond. Our duckies names were LongDuck and Dong (from 16 Candles) Longduck is the one that passed away unfortunately.

Miss Lydia and BantamUsername like this.
  2. BantamUsername

BantamUsername In the Brooder

Feb 26, 2018
    Try searching on Craigslist

Miss Lydia and Eweber616 like this.
  3. BantamUsername

Feb 26, 2018
    Also there's alot of farms In the Southern Maryland/Charles county area maybe you can find a duck there,

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    Miss Lydia and Eweber616 like this.
  4. Eweber616

Eweber616 Hatching

Apr 4, 2018
    Maryland
    Thanks, I have looked a bit but seems like nothing close by! I'll keep checking though.

BantamUsername likes this.
  5. Eweber616

Eweber616 Hatching

Apr 4, 2018
    Maryland
    Thanks, Ill do some research for farms down in that area.

BantamUsername likes this.
  6. BantamUsername

Feb 26, 2018
    Ive been there(im from northern maryland), there are very rural farms in that area you won't find much online,

7. carlyducks

carlyducks Songster

Jan 27, 2018
    Check Petfinder as well! I hope you find one soon.

8. thumper650

thumper650 Songster

Mar 10, 2018
    Maynard, MA
    +1 for petfinder
    Females may be hard to come by but it's worth a shot

Eweber616 and Miss Lydia like this.
  9. Eweber616

Eweber616 Hatching

Apr 4, 2018
    Maryland
    Thanks I’ve looked on a couple pet adoption sites and have had no luck unless I’m able to take more than one in whichbat this time we can’t. I’ll definitely keep looking though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: