Looking for a duckling or two in western NC ASAP

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by asher, Mar 28, 2009.

1. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I am looking for one or two ducklings. I have a single hatchling and do not want to raise it alone. If you have call ducks or other bantam breeds, that would be preferred as what I have is a bantam, but mainly just looking for very young (few days old at the very most) ducklings. Willing to pick up between Marion, Asheville, etc. possibly Morganton or Hickory if you have what I need. Please contact me with what you have, location and prices. Time is of the essence so this guy does not have to be alone long! THANKS!

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    I hate when that happens. It is soooo annoying to here them chirp over and over and over... ugh!

I wish I could help.

3. asher

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Thanks [​IMG] I had 10 eggs in there. I am so bummed that more didn't hatch. :-( I thought another had internally pipped, but apparently not. I have no had good luck with hatching ducklings. *sigh* The first time hatching out I got a singleton, too and now he's my drake.

4. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Me neither. Got these little guys today from the TSC:

[​IMG]

I would offer them to you, but I'm nowhere close to where you are. I'm at least 5 hours away.

5. asher

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I may see if I can peek in at TSC tomorrow. I posted a few places locally as I'd love to get bantams if possible so he's not run over, but I am not going to be picky.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by