1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking for a (female) Goose in Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by GardenerGal, Jan 22, 2009.

1. GardenerGal

GardenerGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I'm looking for an adult (1-5 years old or so) female goose to keep my 9-year-old African gander company. He lost his mate a couple months ago and has been hangin' with the ducks, but he needs his own gal pal.

Another African would be great, but Embden, Toulouse, Buff, or even mixed breed is fine too. As long as she's healthy and good natured. [​IMG]

I'm in northeastern Mass. but can travel a bit.

2. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Hi Gardener gal,
    Feb 1 in westford Ma there is a swap at the westford sportsmens club,west st ,westford ma.
    It starts at 8:00 am.
    In N.H.,Tony.

3. GardenerGal

Dec 20, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Thanks, Tony. I missed the January bird club tailgate sale/meeting because of weather, so it's good to know when the next one is. [​IMG] I'll give it a try.

4. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    Heres the pic of the female ebden i have if you are still interested

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  5. GardenerGal

Dec 20, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Thanks, PK08. She looks sweet.

I'm still interested, but I want to check out the NAS tailgate swap in a couple of weeks to see if there are any African or Brown Chinese geese available (they'd be my first choice). If not, and your goose is still available, she would be my next choice and I'd PM you. If you find a good home for her in the meantime, no worries. I'll find something eventually. [​IMG]

Thanks again.

GG

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by