1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking for a FEMALE SAINT BERNARD

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Victoria4501, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Victoria4501

Victoria4501 New Egg

Nov 17, 2013
    Hi, I have a 2 year old Male Purebreed Saint Bernard who wants to mate badley. We live in Woodbridge, Va. I was wondering if anyone in the area has a female Purebred Saint Bernard that they would like to breed. Please contact me ASAP I don't want to get him neutered. I know he wants to have babies of his own.

Thank you,

Victoria

1 person likes this.
  2. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Your dog isn't interested in becoming a parent; he is simply trying to follow through on a hormonal urge. If he is mounting inappropriate things, he may have behavioral problems as well. Please do yourself and your dog a favor and get him neutered; getting you both involved in obedience or some other type of class might be beneficial, too.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
    5 people like this.
  3. Victoria4501

Victoria4501 New Egg

Nov 17, 2013
    First off you don't know **** about me or my dog. I don't need your nasty comments.

4. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

Bunnylady's comments were not rude or nasty. Just factual.

1 person likes this.
  5. Victoria4501

Victoria4501 New Egg

Nov 17, 2013
    It wasn't factual at all he's trying to give me negative advice. Read the post!!!!All I need is someone else who has a female Saint Bernard in my area, no they comments are necessary.

6. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

I did read the post. I'm sure if you were to advertise locally you could find someone with a backyard bred dog who is more then willing to create more of the same.

7. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    It's true, I don't know either you or your dog. But I have owned many types of animals in my 50+ years on this planet; including probably at least one dog for every year that you have been alive. I have rescued several dogs that had permanent personality problems due to bad breeding. I am currently the owner of three horses with conformation issues that limit their usefulness due to bad breeding. Simply because an animal can reproduce doesn't mean it should - Heaven knows, there are millions of unwanted animals put to death every year in this country, and quite of few of them are purebreds.

Have you carefully researched your breed? There are a number of health issues that plague Saint Bernards, many of which are genetic. Have you had your dog screened for them? Other than being a purebred, what is it about your dog that makes him so special that the owner of another Saint would want to risk their dog's health and even her life to create more dogs that they are then going to have to find homes for? People who breed responsibly can tell you; by the time you pay for all of the additional food, supplies, vet care, etc, you really don't make money on well-bred puppies; to say nothing of the countless hours of their time that must be invested both before and after the pups are born.

If you have done all of your homework, and have verified through testing that your dog is such an exceptional animal that he is a real benefit to the breed as a whole, why in the world are you searching on a chicken forum for a similarly stellar female?[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
    3 people like this.
  8. GreatPyrLover

GreatPyrLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC
    You go Bunnylady!!!! Very well put and I agree with you 100%!!!!!!!

9. jorey

jorey Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2012
    north adams
    X2

10. Redyre Rotties

Redyre Rotties Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2009
    North Carolina, USA
    X3...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by