Looking for a few eggs near Michigan

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Mom 2em All, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    Not only is my silkie still broody- outside behind a board in this Michigan winter, but now my Turken is broody. At least she is smart enough to be parked in the coop, in the nest- and is trying to hoard everyone's eggs.

I would like to put a couple eggs under her- not my Silkie, though, it is cold and in the middle of winter, and she has chosen a very dumb spot.

I am so worried that any eggs I have shipped will freeze in transit- but I don't need many. If anyone has something close by, let me know what you have and how much *paypal*
    Thanks- and I have no idea why my chickens think it is spring.

2. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:i have mutts that are laying and i collect every few hours so they don't get cold.
    every one i have eaten/used, has a bullseye, and i have witnessed the 'deed'.

i am in Lapeer. if you want some, i'll save them and you can just come and get them. [​IMG]

3. Mom 2em All

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    Hi Miss_Jayne

All sounds great except...Im south of Detroit- and you are wayyyyyy up there.. whatcha doin' way up there?

[​IMG]

4. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:pm me where south of the D is, my hubby works in Troy...he could bring them and meet you at Oakland mall or something!

i'm waaaaay up here cuz, we lived in the city and the neighbors were selling drugs etc so we decided we were out of there! plus, how could i have eleventy billion chickens down in the city????

5. Mom 2em All

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    I am in Taylor-about fortyfive minutes south of Troy...sure you don't feel like visiting Greenfield Village ??

6. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    and then hit The Ritz for high tea afterwards! too bad you're that far! maybe someone will be closer to you! it's just so cold, i'd be afraid to mail them!

7. Cottage Rose

Cottage Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Mid west Michigan
    Congrats on getting out of the city Miss Jayne!
    "Up North" is a beautiful place to live but the winters extra long.
    I'm by Grand Rapids but no hatching eggs.

Mom you might be able to get hatching eggs from Townline Hatchery in Zeeland, MI
    Not that bad of a day trip...about a 3½ hour drive.
    If they don't have any other hatcheries will have them for sale sooner or later so just wait til its a little warmer and order some. [​IMG]
    You must have cabin fever already.
    Too cold to hatch out babies right now.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  8. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

I wish I was closer, or it was warmer.....my girls are laying machines!! Oh, and Cottage Rose...I WANT THAT GOOSE in your avatar!! [​IMG]

9. Mom 2em All

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    I could go over to my brother in laws and steal some from his coop, I suppose. He and his will think I am insane, though, letting my chickens hatch out eggs in this weather.. [​IMG]

AND...my other brother-in-law has a friend who sells game roosters..which means he probably has some hens that have eggs. If I hatched out game hens would they be able to live with my chickens or would they beat them up? That brother in law hasnt had a reason to think Im insane for awhile...

10. Mom 2em All

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    Quote:I tried telling the goofball hens that it is WAYYYY too cold to go broody..they arent listening. Every day I dig out the Silkie, shake off the snow- and plop her where the food is. She gobbles up the food, and then runs back to her spot behind the board. Mind you, she is sitting on NOTHING- not a rock, no egg, nothing.

THe turken GROWLED at me today. Never let anyone tell you that chickens can't growl. I was pulling eggs (nine) of them out from under her- and she was sitting tight. I left one for her yesterday, and today. At least she is in the warm coop.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by