1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking for a few hens, Western KY area

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by Kentucky, May 11, 2016.

1. Kentucky

Kentucky Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2008
    Due to old age the wife's flock has now diminished down from the original (9)nine to a total of (3)three, 1 Bantam rooster(Pete), 1 Bantam hen(Honey) and 1 Australorp hen(Susie). Therefore if anyone within a 75 mile radius of Paducah KY has a few too many hens, please let me know. Please no roosters, since Pete is old and he just wouldn't understand.

Actually I think she favors Australorps and Sexlinks, but at this point is not real picky.

Please forgive the $1, as I cannot place a price value of an unknown.

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  2. chicklover 1998

chicklover 1998 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2015
    Oskaloosa,Ia
    most hatcheries will ship started pullets, is there a reason you don't want to do chicks? most feed store this time of year carry tons of chicks, and they don't take much trouble, I just know around me it is easier to find chicks(not that many breeds but better than nothing) than started pullets or hens.

3. Kentucky

Kentucky Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2008
    Actually this year has already become very busy here on the mini farm with too much fence maintenance and too many cows, so I just thought maybe someone has too many chickens.

4. mountainrun

mountainrun Just Hatched

Jul 8, 2016
    northern Kentucky
    I have four Australorp pullets about ready to lay (born in June) if you are interested. There is nothing wrong with them but we need to reduce # (as I bought a few impulse chicks I shouldn't have earlier this year). We also have some buckeyes.

How far is Paducah from I-64? I can drive out there or meet you somewhere if interested.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by