Looking for a good hatchery

smoke202

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 10, 2014
Pennsylvania
I'm looking for a good hatchery. Does anyone have suggestions on a good one. Last year I got burnt on the hatchery I was buying from. I would just like to find a good quality hatchery.

Got blind peeps, didn't get what I order. Not right amount of chickens. It goes on to much to list. First time I order I had amazing chickens. The second year awful. So I'm looking for ideas from people on good hatcheries.

MurrayMcmurray hatchery is a great one!
lol.png

Would you like a list of hatcheries?

I have ordered from McMurray with no problems. I just placed my first order with Ideal Hatchery, which I've heard great things about, and I am looking forward to it! McMurray has a minimum order of 25 this time of year, and they don't ship ducks with chicks. Cackle Hatchery required a minimum order for bantams. So I went with Ideal, as I was able to get all my birds shipped at once, and they didn't have a minimum order.

ANgie

Hi Smoke 202, We are from Pa. also and I would highly recommend Mc Murray hatchery. Have ordered from them three times and have always had good luck with them.

Have ordered from McMurray two times. Both times the chicks arrived healthy and there were no losses. Their phone staff is customer focused and helpful. I was disappointed in the SLWyandotte quailty being no where close to the color standard and half of them are undersized. Time to upgrade their breeding stock.

I have been using Cackle Hatchery as of late for my birds. I really like the phone staff… a lot. I need more thumbs to give them, because two is not enough. My last batch from the week of July 7th are all doing just fine, no problems what so ever.

I believe this is their two week picture, I just changed them to horizontal water nipples today

Phone cameras are perhaps not the best, but they are handy.

Best to all and your birds,

RJ

Back
Top Bottom