Looking for a good hatchery

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by smoke202, Jan 11, 2014.

1. smoke202

smoke202 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 10, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    I'm looking for a good hatchery. Does anyone have suggestions on a good one. Last year I got burnt on the hatchery I was buying from. I would just like to find a good quality hatchery.

2. chickengeorgeto

chickengeorgeto Overrun With Chickens

Dec 25, 2012
    What seems to be the matter with the hatchery or with the chicks you received in 2013?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  3. smoke202

smoke202 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 10, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    Got blind peeps, didn't get what I order. Not right amount of chickens. It goes on to much to list. First time I order I had amazing chickens. The second year awful. So I'm looking for ideas from people on good hatcheries.

4. cackleberrycam

cackleberrycam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2013
    MurrayMcmurray hatchery is a great one![​IMG]
    Would you like a list of hatcheries?

5. BarredBuff

BarredBuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2009
    I like Cackle Hatchery in Missouri. I always have good luck with them.

6. grullablue

grullablue Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I have ordered from McMurray with no problems. I just placed my first order with Ideal Hatchery, which I've heard great things about, and I am looking forward to it! McMurray has a minimum order of 25 this time of year, and they don't ship ducks with chicks. Cackle Hatchery required a minimum order for bantams. So I went with Ideal, as I was able to get all my birds shipped at once, and they didn't have a minimum order.

ANgie

7. hitchyourwagon

hitchyourwagon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2014
    missouri
    My Coop

8. chickenhound

chickenhound Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2014
    Hi Smoke 202, We are from Pa. also and I would highly recommend Mc Murray hatchery. Have ordered from them three times and have always had good luck with them.

9. hitchyourwagon

hitchyourwagon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2014
    missouri
    My Coop
    Have ordered from McMurray two times. Both times the chicks arrived healthy and there were no losses. Their phone staff is customer focused and helpful. I was disappointed in the SLWyandotte quailty being no where close to the color standard and half of them are undersized. Time to upgrade their breeding stock.

10. RJSorensen

RJSorensen Chicken George

I have been using Cackle Hatchery as of late for my birds. I really like the phone staff… a lot. I need more thumbs to give them, because two is not enough. My last batch from the week of July 7th are all doing just fine, no problems what so ever.

[​IMG]

I believe this is their two week picture, I just changed them to horizontal water nipples today

[​IMG]

Phone cameras are perhaps not the best, but they are handy.

Best to all and your birds,

RJ

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by