looking for a good incuabator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by The Breaker, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Im looking for a good budget friendly incuabator dos eany body have eany suggestions if so pleas post a repley.

2. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

do u want a big or a small one?

3. jm93030

jm93030 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Also how much do you want to spend?
    how much time do yo have to watch it?
    how many eggs do you want to incubate at the time

Most of us here use

The genesis 1588

or the Brinsea eco 20

this incubators go from 100 to 200 dls

depends where you get them and shipping cost

you can get an used one at craiglist.com

4. JulzRuss

JulzRuss Out Of The Brooder

Sep 5, 2011
    Squaw Valley
    I'm a first time incubator owner (just today) and have not hatched any chicks but I just received the Brinsea Eco 20 and am impressed with the design and function. It looks really durable and easy to clean compared to styrofoam. I ordered the egg turner as well but the octagon shape allows for manual turning without opening the bator (and you can turn them all at once since you are turning the whole incubator and not single eggs). I ordered it from the Brinsea website since they were having a sale. I used the Facebook code and got a total of 30% off the price. It also has a built in glass thermometer ( I'm not sure about the accuracy yet tho). It holds less eggs than the styros but I wanted an incubator that seemed a little easier to operate. It was just over 160 dollars delivered. Although I am a rookie and new to all this I feel it is a solid product. I'm not knocking the styros since I have not examined one in person. This is just my take on why I chose this model.

5. JulzRuss

JulzRuss Out Of The Brooder

Sep 5, 2011
    Squaw Valley
    I'm a first time incubator owner (just today) and have not hatched any chicks but I just received the Brinsea Eco 20 and am impressed with the design and function. It looks really durable and easy to clean compared to styrofoam. I ordered the egg turner as well but the octagon shape allows for manual turning without opening the bator (and you can turn them all at once since you are turning the whole incubator and not single eggs). I ordered it from the Brinsea website since they were having a sale. I used the Facebook code and got a total of 30% off the price. It also has a built in glass thermometer ( I'm not sure about the accuracy yet tho). It holds less eggs than the styros but I wanted an incubator that seemed a little easier to operate. It was just over 160 dollars delivered. Although I am a rookie and new to all this I feel it is a solid product. I'm not knocking the styros since I have not examined one in person. This is just my take on why I chose this model.

6. speedy2020

speedy2020 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2010
    I own the Brinsea Echo 20. It's very easy to clean and durable. The only draw back is it compact and only hold 24 chickens eggs max.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  7. chics n more

chics n more Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2011
    Deep Gap, NC
    We just received our Brinsea Eco 20 yesterday-very nice but according to DH 24 is .....too many![​IMG]

8. DAVE07

DAVE07 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2011
    Melbourne
    I just bought the r com 20 pro... She looks sweet

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by