1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking for a good place to purchase waterers/feeders and other advice

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by moodusnewchick, Apr 19, 2008.

1. moodusnewchick

moodusnewchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2008
    CT
    Hi,
    Has anyone found a "great" place for waterers and feeders? I've been looking at My Pet Chicken, McMurry and Strombergs. I've also been checking some local places. I have five chicks. What sizes should I be looking for? Also, would I be better off buying the electric heater waterer and using it all seasons (and only plugging in when necessary)? Thanks! Oh, and what cost is "reasonable."

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Hmmmm, why not make your feeder? Do you have a bucket around there, with a lid? They are really easy to make, and very cost effecient.
    this is one I made. Its a 5 gallon bucket....I got it from Burger king...had pickles in it!
    [​IMG]
    As fpr a waterer...I like the galvonised ones...you can put a heater under them and not worry about melting them.

3. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Usually the local farm stores will have good selection, as well as fair pricing. Fleet Farm or other farm chain stores would be worth checking out.

bigzio

4. moodusnewchick

moodusnewchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2008
    CT
    thank you both so much!!

5. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:WOW! I love it! What a great idea! I bet the chickens didn't mind the pickle taste either [​IMG] I know I wouldn't I love pickles!!!! [​IMG]
    I get my feeders form Rural king and TSC. But after seeing justusnak's ........ [​IMG] I bet I will be making my own!!!!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by