Looking for a good used 1502 Sportsman

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by callduck2010, Nov 29, 2010.

1. callduck2010

callduck2010 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 29, 2010
    Ohio
    Hello,

I'm new to this forum and site.

We recently purchased 2 pair of show quality call ducks(Charlie Hodem) at the National Chicken Show in Columbus Ohio a few weeks ago. After talking to a number of people and a good friend, Tim Johnson (been in the chicken business for many years) recommended a GQF 1502 or 1550 Sportsman incubator. Where would you recommend buying a good used or new at?
    I've been looking on craigslist and ebay. I know cleanliness on used is a big issue.
    Any feedback would be great, thanks for your time.

2. linda_zeagler31002

linda_zeagler31002 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Adrian, Georgia
    Well I personally have calls, and you can look at them on my website ZeaglerDuckFarm.com, and I have the Sportsman 1502, and it stinks to me hatching call duck eggs, but that is my opinion, so before you go out and invest $1000 plus as I did, I would research this well, and if this is your first call duck pair purchase and no call duck egg incubating experience, I would sure spend some hours on researching the hatching techniques, my friend they are intense to hatch with incubators, in my opinion. Now I will say that the Sportsman is the way to go for a top of the line cabinet incubator, it has given me some jam up hatch rates on chicken eggs, but on duck eggs it stinks to me, even domestic duck eggs, but again that is my opinion, (laughing). Oh, your call ducks are beautiful, just gorgeous.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  3. callduck2010

callduck2010 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 29, 2010
    Ohio
    Thanks..We are going with the Dickey instead, better made says my husband.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by