looking for a great home for our lonely goose in oregon

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Kizzy, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Kizzy

Kizzy New Egg

Feb 17, 2009
    Hi,
    we are looking for a great home for our white domesticated goose. Im not sure what kind he is? We have had him for a year, since he was a baby. We had two but one got taken by a Coyote and now I really want to get this one in a safer place. We live on a farm with to many Coyote's around and without a pond for him to be safe. We do have a night time pen but the Coyote's lurk around during the day as well. I hate keeping him locked up all the time. Do you know of anyone that would be interested? Or have any ideas? He would have to go to an approved home and he is not for food. He is frendly, he has grown up around children, dogs and cats. I would like to see him go to a place with a pond and other ducks or geese. He's pretty lonely without his buddy. Please get back to me if you have any ideas. Thanks so much!

-Kim

2. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Do you have pics? What part of Oregon are you in?
    You can try the want ads at www.duckrescue.org as well.

3. twotmama

twotmama Out Of The Brooder

Feb 4, 2009
    We have a great pyrenese that keep away the coyotes, you should get a dog not only will he protect your home, but it will protect your animals. I love my geese and its hard for a predator to take one, but get another goose and get rid of the coyotes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by