Looking for a Japanese Bantam! -- REAL Upstate NY

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Alycia, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Alycia

Alycia Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2008
    I am looking for a Japanese Bantam chicken -- variety and gender doesn't matter, really. We recently aquired a pullet and realized that the breed is just the perfect pet for the younger children, and my little cousin absolutely would love to have one of her own. I'm located in Upstate, NY -- aka, Ticonderoga, NY lol, in the Adirondacks, actually upstate [​IMG] Please let me know! Thanks.

2. spotsplus

spotsplus Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    Franklin, MA
    Hi! I fell in love with these sweet little chickens too! I have a few left of the black tailed white. I will have some buff ones in May [​IMG]
    Tammie

3. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    ha we are a little further UPSTATE THAN YOU!! ONCHIOTA~~ AWESOME YOUR REALLY CLOSE AND HOUR TO ME!! What kind of chikens do you raise?

4. Alycia

Alycia Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2008
    Lol! Yet another Upstate'r!! [​IMG] I always clarify that I am really upstate because some people think like Albany is Upstate NY and I'm like. . .yeah, haha.

Anyways, I raise mainly breeds like Phoenixes, Silkies, Sumatras, and Japs. I have a micro-mini flock of two silver Phoenix roosters, a silver Phoenix pullet, a trio of Silkie X Onagadoris, a Sumatara roo, and one BTW Japanese pullet [​IMG]

I'll definitley keep my eyes peeled for those lovely little Buffs! I've never seen a Buff one besides on pictures :O I bet they're adorable.

My little cousin carts her pet chickens all around, and spoils then. Seriously, she even talks to them, and feeds them people food. Lol. One time she used her Radioflyer wagon and said it was her chicken's car and pulled the whole thing around the yard with the little lady in it. She loves her chickies, so you'd never have to worry about any of them being mistreated [​IMG]

5. GardenerGal

GardenerGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2008
    Massachusetts
    My mother's family is from Buffalo and I still have cousins there and in Lackawana. Is that Upstate enough? [​IMG]

6. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    silkies huh?? hmmm..do you sell them? My goal is to have one of each color-I believe there's 4 right--Im very new but Im in love with their pathetic looking need to be cuddled--actually my need but they'll have to deal with it haha!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by