Looking for a nice BO Rooster

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Maggie3, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Maggie3

Maggie3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Central Michigan
    If anyone has a nice quality Buff Orp Rooster that they are wanting to re home please PM me. My girls are wanting to be bred so I'm looking for a nice gentleman for them.

Thanks!

2. Maggie3

Feb 4, 2008
    Central Michigan
    Shoot, I put that post in the wrong category...Sorry.[​IMG]

3. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Maggie, I'm glad you specified "nice". My friend had the BO roo from my order (that was supposed to be a pullet). That roo was so brutal to the hens that all 18 hens had no feathers on their backs and one Ancona had a severely torn comb. My friend finally just dropped him off in the woods somewhere to go and find something else to traumatize!

4. Maggie3

Feb 4, 2008
    Central Michigan
    Ya, I definitely don't want to deal with that if at all possible. My girls keep squatting down for me every time I come in to check for eggs.

5. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    WOW..... That's not very humane [​IMG]

6. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Lurky, I sort of agree with you. If I were in the same situation, I don't know what I'd do - I don't know if I could chop his head off and stew him... Nasty roosters are a no-win situation. But the good part is that 18 pullets can now have a quality life.

(Maybe he's just nasty enough to terrorize the coyotes who will be stalking him.)

7. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Try Jody (Hinkjc). I think you could buy chicks from her. I know you probably want a big boy but she has STUNNING Buff Orpingtons so I think it would be a good idea, and hey you might get a few more girls and sell of the ones you do not want.

Good Luck

8. Maggie3

Feb 4, 2008
    Central Michigan
    I found a nice BO roo....Thanks everyone.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by