Looking for a nice BO Rooster

Maggie3

Songster
11 Years
Feb 4, 2008
Central Michigan
If anyone has a nice quality Buff Orp Rooster that they are wanting to re home please PM me. My girls are wanting to be bred so I'm looking for a nice gentleman for them.

Thanks!

Buff Hooligans

Scrambled
12 Years
Jun 11, 2007
Maggie, I'm glad you specified "nice". My friend had the BO roo from my order (that was supposed to be a pullet). That roo was so brutal to the hens that all 18 hens had no feathers on their backs and one Ancona had a severely torn comb. My friend finally just dropped him off in the woods somewhere to go and find something else to traumatize!

Maggie3

Songster
11 Years
Feb 4, 2008
Central Michigan
Ya, I definitely don't want to deal with that if at all possible. My girls keep squatting down for me every time I come in to check for eggs.

Buff Hooligans

Scrambled
12 Years
Jun 11, 2007
Lurky, I sort of agree with you. If I were in the same situation, I don't know what I'd do - I don't know if I could chop his head off and stew him... Nasty roosters are a no-win situation. But the good part is that 18 pullets can now have a quality life.

(Maybe he's just nasty enough to terrorize the coyotes who will be stalking him.)

herechickchick

Songster
12 Years
Mar 28, 2007
Memphis TN
Try Jody (Hinkjc). I think you could buy chicks from her. I know you probably want a big boy but she has STUNNING Buff Orpingtons so I think it would be a good idea, and hey you might get a few more girls and sell of the ones you do not want.

Good Luck

Top Bottom