Looking for a peafowl couple in Indiana

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by sheepgal, Mar 2, 2009.

1. sheepgal

sheepgal Out Of The Brooder

Jul 3, 2008
    Lexington Indiana
    I am looking everywhere and posting everywhere. I would like a peafowl couple for our farm in Southern Indiana. I do not want to buy 8 peafowl , that is what the hatcheries require. Does anyone have just a couple???? As far as type, not picky!

2. duck&chickencrazy

duck&chickencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana
    if you can wait you should try going to the Wolf lake Swap meet in northern indiana in may. they always have a bunch of birds and interestings things.

3. lilchick

lilchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Williamsport In.
    There is ad on Craigslist for guinea and peafowl... In the farm an garden section under Lafayette area.. Pine Village is approx. 25 miles north of interstate 74. hope this helps...

4. PARKBOY

PARKBOY Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    LEBANON, KY
    I just bought a few peacocks from a guy out here and im sure he has a few more left. They are a yr old. Im not sure how far you want to travel but i am in zip code 40108 if you want to mapquest it and see if you would like to come get a pair. Let me know if you are interested and i will call him and see what he will charge for a pair.

5. sheepgal

sheepgal Out Of The Brooder

Jul 3, 2008
    Lexington Indiana
    That is a ways to travel... but it may be worth it. I need his number. I really want these. He sounds like my guy.
    Thank you for all of your help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by