Looking for a pet

jannakaye

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 28, 2014
Mississippi
Hi! I am looking for a pet pigeon or dove. I live in north Mississippi, and would like to find one close to me so it doesn't have to be shipped. I've checked our local shelters and they do not have any.

I don't have ideas about where but you should probably be thinking about getting a pair as they tend to fret when alone. When our male died the female cooed for weeks and just wouldn't settle until we got her a new friend.

You must get a pair.. its very cruel to keep a single pigeon or dove. It will get very stressed out and start to display unnatural behaviours and even get sick.

2. will be just as tame as one with you.

You don't have to get male / female... 2 males or 2 females will pair up.. and you won't have to worry about unwanted offspring.

Yes two or more will tame easier as safer feeling in group. Many keep lone rescue pigeon, but don't know how they act when content around others constantly, n not just nervous alert they are around people who leave them alone for periods. Dogs BTW this is cruel to too.. Being someone who has professionally and casually studied in animal behavioral science and psychology, I can say a lot about how accept laboratory policy affects how humans think other social animals can be kept in equivalent of humans living alone with nothing in closet but a chair n fed dry cereal only to mostly.

Back
Top Bottom