Looking for a plan like this

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chickenpoop77, May 31, 2016.

1. chickenpoop77

chickenpoop77 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 18, 2015
    Does anyone have a plan similar to this coop? I'm hoping this isn't too complex.

[​IMG]

2. BruceAZ

BruceAZ Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2016
    Valley of the Sun :)
    i have a similar coop/run combo

this design is space saving ..

can you just build it just form looking at the picture? i didn't use any plan when i built my coop/run. just used the picture of the coop i saw as reference

you can try looking through here
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/2/Coops

3. Kaylin

Kaylin Out Of The Brooder

Feb 14, 2016
    Santa Fe, Texas
    Mine is like that. The garden coop. I actually bought the plans from the website and, for me, it was totally worth buying plans. Very helpful! I made a modification or two on the fly including adding a pop out nest box made from an old kitchen cabinet on the end where the window is in your picture. Mostly though, I stuck with the instruction. [​IMG]

I think that I am going to change out the roof panels for plywood though, since I lost one of the shade trees from my neighbors yard when it fell over in a storm one night recently. I feel like it gets too much morning sun now. (I'm in texas and it gets hot early!)

Definitely not too complex if you have a few tools. I'm a 50 year old female and I built it completely single handedly. Of course it looks a little different now since I added a large run and put my babies out in it, lol. They are 10 weeks now. Been out there for about 4 weeks full time.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  4. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Those are pretty nice plans...the guy who sells them is pretty good with feedback too, or was.
    Lots of examples on the website.
    I believe the plans are easily enlarged, which is a good idea IMO, because it is rather small.

5. jennyf

jennyf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2016
    Missouri
  6. Kaylin

Kaylin Out Of The Brooder

Feb 14, 2016
    Santa Fe, Texas
    Yes! It is kind of small, as I am rapidly finding out, lol. That darn chicken math.

7. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
  8. chickenpoop77

chickenpoop77 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 18, 2015
    Thanks Everyone!! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by