1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking for a processor in NE Ohio

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by kyler0708, Oct 26, 2015.

1. kyler0708

kyler0708 New Egg

May 14, 2015
    Ohio
    Hi, I'm looking for somewhere I can take my 5 BBB turkeys to have processed. I live in the Warren area of Trumbull county Ohio. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2. sonofabish1

sonofabish1 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 11, 2015
    Ohio
    I know a guy in NW Ohio near Tiffin but that's a good 2 - 2.5hr drive for you.

3. cottontail farm

cottontail farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2014
    Rural NW Pa
    Hi!
    I'm Mercer County PA. Around here people use Sturgeon's in Clarks Mills. I've had ducks done there and I know they do turkeys. Not sure how late in the season they process. 724-301-1206

4. SarahBoBara

SarahBoBara New Egg

Oct 28, 2015
    Have you tried Pleasant valley Poultry in Baltic? I believe their facility is also certified and inspected, so you can sell retail if you have it processed there.

5. kyler0708

kyler0708 New Egg

May 14, 2015
    Ohio
    Thank you everyone! Sturgeon's looks to be the closest one to me, so I will try them first. Thank you again!

6. kyler0708

kyler0708 New Egg

May 14, 2015
    Ohio
    Well, I called Sturgeon's and set up a time next week to bring them in. Thanks so much for the help everyone!

My husband and I just moved to this area in feburary and we have never raised animals for meat, so I wasn't quite sure where to start looking. This site and the people on it are great, I don't know what I'd do without it. [​IMG]

7. cottontail farm

cottontail farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2014
    Rural NW Pa
    Hope it works out for you, I've always been pleased with the job they do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by