1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking for a roo. in Vermont.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ticks, Jun 8, 2008.

1. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    I need a young (possibly this years) roo to manage my flock. I heard they will protect them and help them. PLEASE. I am in Northern Vermont. I will pay money for him.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  2. rbseggs

rbseggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
    Hi Ticks (fellow Vermonter) there is a swap coming up on the 22nd in Berlin VT there will be plenty there. I also know someone that has several young roos that she is planning on getting rid of soon I could contact her for you. Are you looking for anything specific or just any roo?

3. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    any roo just wondering, what roos does she have. How far down is Berlin? I am in Franklin county

4. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Berlin is about an hour from my house.

5. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Look on Craigslist....there are tons of rooster and you can look at Northern NH too or NY whatever is closer to you. You should have no problem finding a rooster in your area.

I just went on VT farm and there is 4 Buff orp hens and a rooster with a picture advertised in Fairfax VT. Says its a sweet boy too. They are one of the best birds out there. Its a brand new post on the very top.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by