Looking for a SILVER DUCKWING OLD ENGLISH GAME BANTAM Rooster...RIP Uncle Sam

tango

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 2, 2010
We found Uncle Sam on the 4th of July just down the road from our house. Someone was obviously not concerned about his well-being and was OK with any fate he got. So we gave him a home with our small flock of only girls (full size!) and he was so happy! Anyway, he was nabbed by a opossum a few nights ago when we were just a bit too late coming home (we have not lost anybody in years). Poor little guy. Needless to say, that $200 automatic door is going to be mine at some point soon.
If anyone in SE Lower Michigan has a bantam rooster like him or another friendly little breed, my girls would really appreciate it. They did fine without a man around for a couple of years but once one showed up, they were pretty thrilled about it! And the tiny voice was quite nice in the morning (and not so annoying to the neighbor a couple of acres away).

Awwe I'm so sorry he's gone. You can try looking into large chicken companies or hatcheries near you that are willing to give you a silver duckwing OEG roo, or post on your states thread that your looking for one. Here's tje instructions to get to Michigans thread: go to Forums, and scroll down to find the forum Where am 'I? Where are you!'. Click on it, and you will find a list of states: find Michigan, and there you go!! Hope you find a new roo for your hens soon! Good luck!:highfive:

Awwe I'm so sorry he's gone. You can try looking into large chicken companies or hatcheries near you that are willing to give you a silver duckwing OEG roo, or post on your states thread that your looking for one. Here's tje instructions to get to Michigans thread: go to Forums, and scroll down to find the forum Where am 'I? Where are you!'. Click on it, and you will find a list of states: find Michigan, and there you go!! Hope you find a new roo for your hens soon! Good luck!:highfive:
Thank you!

We found Uncle Sam on the 4th of July just down the road from our house. Someone was obviously not concerned about his well-being and was OK with any fate he got. So we gave him a home with our small flock of only girls (full size!) and he was so happy! Anyway, he was nabbed by a opossum a few nights ago when we were just a bit too late coming home (we have not lost anybody in years). Poor little guy. Needless to say, that $200 automatic door is going to be mine at some point soon.
If anyone in SE Lower Michigan has a bantam rooster like him or another friendly little breed, my girls would really appreciate it. They did fine without a man around for a couple of years but once one showed up, they were pretty thrilled about it! And the tiny voice was quite nice in the morning (and not so annoying to the neighbor a couple of acres away).

Did you ever find a bantam rooster? I have three OEGB's - 2 Red Pyles and a Black-Breasted Red, that are so tame they ride on your shoulder and walk on a leash. I'm in Maryland, but have family in Davison, so I just might be able to get one to you, if you're interested.

Yukon:
Yukon1.jpg

and Peanut:
PeanutC.jpg
Peanut's best bud is another little Red Pyle cockerel named Cornelius. They get along beautifully and could go as a pair.

Peanut is "Peanut" because he was so stinkin' tiny as a baby. He's now a regular -sized bantam. Yukon and Cornelius were named after the prospector in Rudolph, because, like Yukon Cornelius, neither could make up their minds. It was a toss-up whether they were going to be silver or gold when they were grew up!

All three boys are four-five months old and just as mellow as can be!

Back
Top Bottom