Looking for a sweet deal on a roo...Maine

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by erinsbigsister, Dec 16, 2008.

1. erinsbigsister

erinsbigsister Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2007
    Maine
    And by sweet deal, I mean friendly and free!
    Just thinking there is someone on here who may need to find a home for that extra roo?
    He will be free-range by day (though they do hang 'round the house in case we throw anything), and locked up in the coop by night. He will have 8 or 9 girlfriends and one of them is teeeny tiny so she may never bo so lucky (she is an Old English Game Bantam.)
    Our last roo was awesome - mean at first, then respectful of us, but mean enough to keep the dog in check. He was also quite attractive! He died defending his girls (or so we like to believe.)

Thanks in advance!

Jen

2. elcunni75

elcunni75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2008
    SE MA
    Well, I have a a New Hampshire Red (JuneBug,) and a choice of Speckled Sussex (Dots and Specks). Their pics are on my page - Take a peek and let me know what you think!

I'm down in Massachusetts. Not up in your neck of the woods, but if your willing / able, then I have a roo for you!

3. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Northern NY light brahma roo and his girlfriend a buff brahma. Up for grabs!

4. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    I have a standard salmon faverolle roo (Sonny), and what I think is a buff silkie roo (Dusty). Both are just under 3 months old. We head up to the Augusta/Waterville area often enough so we can deliver.

-Cindy in MA

5. sunnydee

sunnydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    There are plenty of Mainers that have extra roos. When I was looking for mine...I had plenty of nice offeres. Good Luck!

6. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Ooh, Ooh, Ooh, I have lots. What age/type are you looking for? I have some nice banty cochin/silkie crosses, black silkie, true araucana (clean faced tailed), have a couple awesome brown/red ameraucana (only hatched 2 roos, no pullets [​IMG] ) . I am right outside Portland...... let me know....

7. erinsbigsister

erinsbigsister Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2007
    Maine
    Wow, how do I choose?!

I am gonna run and take a sociology exam this morning and then will get back on and read through these and get back to you guys.

This is awesome! Thanks!

Jen

Feel free to post some pics! [​IMG]

8. chickenpiedpiper

chickenpiedpiper Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    New Durham NH
    I have Three lovely gently raised boys looking for a home! We will even deliver the Roo of your choice to your door! One in particular needs a special home soon. 'Red' is a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, and our alpha rooster has taken a disliking to him, and now he is afraid to coop at night! Poor guy sits outside my window clucking and watching me on the computer until I know 'Chester' has gone to sleep, then I go and put him in for the night. He trots behind me to the coop and peeks around my legs to make sure its safe! So cute! Here is a photo of him from a couple weeks ago. He is developing his lovely Adult Plummage now, and is looking better every day! I have a game we play each day, where he lets me pet him, and he doesnt mind being carried about. A very special Rooster!

Pick me...PICK ME!!!
    [​IMG]
    We have several small hens, Japanese, and a tiny little Golden Campine who just loves Red, here she is snuggling with him on a cold fall day....
    [​IMG]

Our other two choices are both Blue Cochins. Bluester, and Dovester. Both big boys, but tender with the ladies. For some reason, Chester doesnt mind either of these two, so we are in no rush to re home them, but if the right home is found...
    Bluester
    [​IMG]
    Dovester
    [​IMG]

9. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    I have some Golden Sebright cockerels available, but I live in Ohio. One of them is very wild and won't let you catch (or at least put up a could chase), the other one isn't as wild as a little friendlier. They're both crowing and they would be the PERFECT size for your OEG girl since they are bantams too. [​IMG] Here's some pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But with them being bantams, they won't be able to fend off a large dog [​IMG] They are very good at warning the flock though, so they could give your girls some time to get to safety.

10. blueseal

blueseal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2008
    WALDOBORO MAINE
    i have 2 free roosters light brahma and a buff orpington both 6 months old where do you live in maine might deliver if intrested picture of light brahma on page 4 of sell chickens section look for blueseal

Last edited: Dec 17, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by