1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking for a young goose in NJ

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Chickerdoodle13, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hi all! I am looking for a young goose to replace one that was killed by a raccoon. I was heartbroken because he was just such a friendly goose and I had raised the two that I have from babies. I now have on toulouse left and would like to see if I could find another to keep him company.

I would consider any breed or sex other than a canadian or a chinese. The one I lost was an african.

Mine is two months old. I can pay a reasonable price, or I have some chicks and ducks to trade.

2. chickmommar

chickmommar Chillin' With My Peeps

Here are couple of listings from the waterfowl adoption list that might help you. I'm sorry I don't know the area up there well enough to know if these would be close enough to interest you. I have the phone numbers for each of these and can get the emails for you too if either interests you. Feel free to email me for that info if you'd like it. Thanks. chickmom at gmail.com
    -Chick Mom in OK

---------------------------------------------------------
    7 year old goose and Tom Turkey Need Homes 4/10/07
    Doreen Schottman
    Howell, NJ 07731 Phone, day:
    E-mail: dorschott@...
    HELP!!! I am forced to give up my animals because I am getting
    divorced....I have one 7 year old goose with an angel wing...I found
    her a few years back in the road, and brought her to my farm where she
    has lived ever since....She is a great WATCH goose. I also have any
    extremely friendly, social Tom Turkey...His name is Turkey Lurkey and
    he was supposed to be someones dinner until I took him to live at my
    farm also....So far everyone who has offered to give him a home, wants
    to eat him...Please help me!!
    ----------------------------------------------------

Two beautiful American Buff Ganders 3/28/07

Liz Brown
    Trumansburg, NY Phone, day:
    Phone, evening:
    E-mail: etoddbrown@...
    Two beautiful American Buff Ganders (father and son) need a new home,
    preferably with other geese. They love each other, and get along well
    with ducks, dogs and goats, but since their mate and mother died, they
    are abusive towards our chickens. These guys are excellent watchgeese,
    respectful of people, very easy to care for, and lovely to have around.
    The father was a loving mate and deserves a wonderful home.

3. goldensunriseranch

goldensunriseranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Mays Landing NJ
    Hi, If you are still in need of a young gander, I have two I can part with that you could pick from. An African and/or a Sebastopol (has some darker feathers that I am not sure will moult out?). Both are only a few months of age. By size I would say boys.
    Thanks Michelle
    www.goldensunriseranch.com
    Mays Landing NJ

4. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hi! Where is mays landing? Is that more south jersey? I may be interested. Sex doesn't really matter too much, as I am still not sure what sex mine is. They will just be pets. How much are you asking for them? Also, how loud are these guys? I've only ever had one adult goose and she was a LOUD chinese. Noise isn't a problem, I'm just curious.

Thank you so much!

5. goldensunriseranch

Jul 1, 2007
    Mays Landing NJ
    Hi, We are in south jersey. Not far from Atlantic City, slightly to the southwest of that. The Sebastopol guy is quieter, though neither are very noisy. Also since the Seb guy has that darker feathering that I don't know will be moulting out I could let him go for $20. The African is $20 also. We might be heading further north next weekend to visit a friend, possibly we could meet on the way?

6. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Hi!

I am very interested in one of them, just not sure which yet! Probably more interested in the sebastopol, because I love odd breeds!

Where are you visiting your friend? I would love to meet somewhere if I could. I might be going to south jersey on the 16 and 17 for a school orientation, but I'm not sure how interested my parents would be about tagging along to pick up a goose lol. I may also be planning a trip to the beach soon, so perhaps I could plan to go to the beach and swing by your place if we can't plan to meet somewhere.

Thank you!

7. goldensunriseranch

Jul 1, 2007
    Mays Landing NJ
    She is in NE PA, but I'm sure we could plan a route that heads north in jersey first and then swings over to PA. We'd just pick a bridge further north than we usually use. But if you find yourself headed to the beach, no problem for you to do a pick up on your way back home. We aren't far from the wildwoods, cape may etc. I'd just need to know the day so I can make sure we are home and I would need to catch him! They run in a couple acre pen and always seem to know when I want to catch somebody and then run like mad.

8. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    If you are coming towards this way, that may work fine! I live about 20 minutes from the delaware water gap. I could even meet you somewhere that would make it easier for you. I am definitely interested in the sebastopol!

I'm trying to sell three ducks that I have now. I should have plenty of room once those are sold. I had a couple of interested people, so I know they will sell quick once I put time into selling them!

How old are your guys? Did you raise them from babies? My guy is friendly once I catch him and sometimes follows me, but will run if I come after him. lol I spent a lot of time with him as a baby so I wouldn't get a mean goose.

9. goldensunriseranch

Jul 1, 2007
    Mays Landing NJ
    Hi, This group I have is about 4 months old or so. A friend sold out her flock and I took about a dozen youngsters. He's docile once you have ahold of him. There was also an AI test done on this group before transport to me, which was negative. I will get him separated off soon so that I can send you some pics! I have some group pics of the geese on my website on the poultry page.
    Here's a link to that page.

http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/FUCH5170/mycustompage0031.htm

10. goldensunriseranch

Jul 1, 2007
    Mays Landing NJ
    Hi, So far it looks like we are making the run up Saturday morning. Possible for you to meet us Saturday morning on Route 209, near where it runs into the Northeast Extension (actually over the border into PA)? We'll be coming off the Lehighton exit.
    You can give us a call also if it's easier to sort it out on the phone. 609-909-8895
    Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by