Looking for adult female ducks

butterfly mom

In the Brooder
Jun 6, 2016
Missouri
Does anyone know where I may be able to find adult female ducks around Missouri? I need more females for my males I have. I can always buy babies, but was hoping to add adults to five my females immediate relief from all the "attention" they have been getting. I found a few websites selling adult pairs, but they are pretty expensive. I was thinking of a farm or something. Anyone have ideas?

I'm a new duck owner and decided I didn't want to start off with ducklings, so I sought out adult ducks only. It took me a few weeks to gather my 11 ducks (2 male, 9 female), but I found 2 of the groups off Craigslist and the third my mom found for me on a Facebook group. I live in Oregon and the group is called "Oregon Homesteader Classifieds"... maybe there's a similar Facebook group in your area? My best advice is to join a couple Facebook groups and check those and craigslist a couple times a day. When the laying hens pop up they tend to go fast, so you got to be ready! I traveled two hours for the farthest pickup

Also, there is a bird sanctuary a couple hours away from me in Washington that had some ducks, maybe see if you can find a rescue in your area?.

Back
Top Bottom