Looking for advice on landscaping around my coop.

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by mpare, Dec 22, 2011.

1. mpare

mpare Out Of The Brooder

Jul 16, 2010
    Dillsburg, PA
    I plan to use some small boulders as a border to help keep out predators but I also want something green / pretty to soften the look. I should be able to get away with a few tougher plants as my 4 chickens make a bee line for my vegetable garden when I let them out to free range each evening and usually do not scratch too much around the coop itself. (There is dirt around the coop now as we just finished building it last summer.) The girls walk through my Black Eyed Susans and Daisies without doing too much damage so these may be a possibility. Any other ideas? We live in zone 6 in south central PA. Pictures would be much apreciated!

[[​IMG]]

2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Gosh, I've seen some beautiful landscaping around coops - I wish I could remember the member's names. I have irises (they don't bother them), mums (which they nibble at a little bit), and I believe japanese holly. I have a LOT of hostas around my house and mine don't touch those.
    Winter time definitely doesn't display landscaping well...lol.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by