Looking for Ameracauna or EE eggs in South Dakota

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chick_newbie, Jul 31, 2008.

1. chick_newbie

chick_newbie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    South Dakota
    I am looking for EE or Ameracauna eggs to hatch somewhere near South Dakota. I got some from MN, but I think it took too long getting them into the bator. The borrowed bator died and had to wait another 2 days to get new bator going. Ready to go now and looking for new eggs to try.

2. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Try Jean (pips&peeps) for Ameraucanas.

3. nataliewt

nataliewt Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2007
    Where are you in South Dakota? I am near Brookings and have been scouting out local hatching eggs myself. I found a lady at the farmer's market who is going to give me some hatching eggs once my incubator is up and running. I also went to the county fair today. I didn't see a whole lot (my 3-year-old was more interested in the rabbits than the chickens), but there were EEs there. Sorry I don't have any specific names, but I'll keep you in mind if I come across something.

natalie

4. Jayare's Chicks

Jayare's Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    I'm looking to get about 6 or 8 Ameracauna eggs also. I have another broody hen and would like to slip some of those pretty green/blue eggs under her. So far the 2 EE's I have that are laying lay those brown eggs and I want to have some green eggs.

If someone has some let me know.

Jayare

5. chick_newbie

chick_newbie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    South Dakota
    I am in the Huron area. Never thought about checking out the Fair, but tht would be a good idea. I already have been speaking with someone about eggs at the local Farmers Market. Luckily I am on the board and get to know everyone around the market. I am waiting to hear back from him about some eggs to hatch. He sells eggs, for eating, at the market and has the blue eggs.

If I hear about anyone else having EE eggs around here I will post again.

6. maria008

maria008 New Egg

Aug 21, 2008
    Well the time has seriously flown by since these little fluff ball chicks came delivered in a cardboard box at the Post Office, and they brought them home to live on their mini-ranch.
    It's been 9 weeks now and those poor feathered hens are still living in their garage, albeit in a larger space. They are only days away from completing the chicken house and coop, though, and in fact their chickens will be getting one humdinger of a Christmas Gift!In that main one is Ameracauna egg.
    =================================
    maria

South Dakota Drug Treatment

7. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    I get anywhere from 1-3 green or blue eggs a day from my EE ladies. I can ship 6+(any extras) for $18 shipped anywhere in US....just let me know. Thanks

Lisa

8. Shaffer

Shaffer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    Tamaqua, NE Pa
    chick_newbie,
    I have Ameraucana eggs on Ebay right now. They are blacks and will all be split Lavender(self blue) which is a rare color right now. You may even get 1 or 2 Lavender chicks out of them also. Harry

9. Big Blue

Big Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    Quote:Do you have any now?

10. riderken

riderken Out Of The Brooder

Jan 29, 2008
    N.W. Mo.
    I have been here ameraucana

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by