Looking for an Alabama breader or hatchery

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by AlabamaChickenHead, Aug 30, 2008.

1. AlabamaChickenHead

AlabamaChickenHead Out Of The Brooder

Aug 30, 2008
    Ashville, AL
    I live in Ashville, AL, and was looking for a local (in state) hatchery or backyard breader.

2. Promiselandfarm

Promiselandfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Where is Ashland? I am in Tennessee not to far from AL we are having our birds certified in Sept so that they can go to other states. Not sure the distance but we do have a varity.

3. Jayare's Chicks

Jayare's Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    Where is Ashville? I live in Florence which is in the North West corner of the state. I have Rhode Island Reds, Easter Eggers, Gold and Silver Phoenix and a few Buff Orphingtons.
    I have ducks also.

Jayare

Spelling

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  4. yates-chicks

yates-chicks Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2008
    Alabama
    hi
    i'm in jacksonville alabama
    home of the JSU gamecocks
    welcome
    micki [​IMG][​IMG]

5. Silverduck

Silverduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2007
    Walker County, Alabama
    Hi, I live halfway between Bham and Jasper, I know a fellow in Hayden that raises and sells cochins. I believe he has all colors.

1 person likes this.
  6. michael0641

michael0641 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Sylacauga Alabama
    My buddy has some cochin bantams for sale. He has ALL diff. colors. Let me know if your interested. We are in Sylacauga.

7. AlabamaChickenHead

AlabamaChickenHead Out Of The Brooder

Aug 30, 2008
    Ashville, AL
    Thanks for all the replys. I am really looking for LF Orpingtons, Barred Rock, Easter Eggers, RIR or Dalewares. I want to start a new backyard flock mostlty for eggs but wanted to only use breeds that are good dual purpose birds and prefer brown or easter colored eggs.

I already placed an order for 25 pullets from McMurry Hatchery, but my delivery date is not until late October, so if I can find something local, I will cancel that order, since I really didnt want to start with 25 birds anyway, I would prefer to start with 10-15.

If anyone has or knows someone who has some off the above breeds for sale please give me the contact infor....thanks!

8. dracos68

dracos68 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2008
    Argo, Alabama
    Hey Brother we are just south of you in Argo. I have Barred Rocks, RIR,Buff Orfingtons, Aracaunas and Silver Ameracanas, Red Star, Silver Spangled Hamburg, Silver and Golden Laced Wyndotties and a few ducks. I am hatching, but dont have any available right now.
    Ill post when the hatch comes out.[​IMG]

9. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Do a search in the userlist for BamaChicken.
    Julie has some outstanding RIR's and Orpingtons.

10. porteryork

porteryork Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Clarkesville, GA
    I second Rooster Red, I have some of Julie's Orpingtons and RIR's and she is great! Also Alabama Girl but she hasn't been around.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by