Looking for an assortment breeds in Ky/Tn/Il/In

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ChickenWisperer, May 17, 2009.

1. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Hey guys.

I'm gonna give this anouther whirl, seeing as how I still havent found these breeds yet. I'm looking for hens or pullets of the following breeds, standard sized. I've decided that I WILL take chicks, if you have a good portion of the breeds I'm looking for, or I can find most of the breeds I want as chicks.... Temperment is MOST important - they DONT have to be show quality, but do need to be non-aggressive birds...... I'm only looking for ONE hen/pullet of each breed (color)..... Here are the breeds (colors) -

Houdan
    - Mottled
    Polish - Tollbunt, Buff Laced, Golden Laced, possibly others
    Wyandotte - BLR
    Cochin - Silver laced, Partridge, Birchen, mottled
    Barnevelder - Any
    Buckeye
    Dorking - Any
    Langshan - Blue
    Appenzeller Spitzhauben
    Marans- NOT cuckoo or white.
    Brahma - Buff
    Iowa Blue

I'm located in "south central" kentucky, but will travel (within reason) to placed around me.
    Thanks! Let me know if you have any of these breeds or know someone who does.

2. Andora

Andora Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    There is a woman in Versailles named Connie who sells the most beautiful Polish. She has chicks she's hatching or sometimes she sells the adults, but she only sells adults in pairs. My profile picture is one of her white Polish pullets. She also has gold laced, buff laced, and white crested black. And she has blue cochins, partridge something--cochins maybe?, blue andalusians, crevecoeurs, white faced black spanish, buff orps, barred rocks, buttercups, and a few other things. Not all stuff on your list, but thought I'd throw that out there anyway. Her birds are very healthy and her coops are the cleanest coops I have ever seen!

3. ChickenWisperer

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Quote:Really? Do you know how I could get in contact with her?

4. Andora

Andora Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Yes! I have her phone number saved on my Mac, I'm browsing BYC on the laptop in bed right now though. I'll PM it to you tomorrow!

5. ChickenWisperer

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Quote:Thanks so much [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by