1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking for an Australorp Roo in Western OR

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Rachel'sFlock, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Rachel'sFlock

Rachel'sFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Anybody know of an Aussie roo, in Oregon, that needs his own flock? Would prefer a nice temperment (of course) and am willing to pay and pick him up from his old home.
    Thanks, in advance!!!
    Rachel
    PM me with questions or details.

2. HarmonyOaks

HarmonyOaks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2010
    Calaveras County
    I have one about 5 months old, just started to crow. He isnt mean, but not tame (ie wont run from you nor will he come and eat out of your hand). $15 plus shipping. He is a very large bird. If you are interested in him, I can weigh him, and get you an estimated cost to ship. Please send me a PM. Thanks!

3. Rachel'sFlock

Rachel'sFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

He is about the same age as my girls, but Was kind of looking for a roo for pick-up. Can u ship a 5 month old roo by post from CA?
    Would love a new 'friend' for my girls, but would hate to have him have to have transport by mail to Central coast OR!
    Hoping for a positive resolution, for my girls and ur roo!

Bright Blessings

4. HarmonyOaks

HarmonyOaks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2010
    Calaveras County
    Yes, shipping adult birds via express mail is possible and happens regularly. I ship on Mondays or Tuesdays, so there is no chance of a bird getting stranded over a weekend. Boxes made for the purpose of shipping live birds that are USPS approved is what I use. Shipping to Oregon will cost about $60, which includes the shipping box. Sustinence is included to keep the birds fed and hydrated. The Jet stream is shifting North, which means it will be too hot to ship from here on the 27/28, so the next opportunity would be on the 4th/5th of October.

If you want to find one in Oregon, I suggest you put out a notice at your feedstore and on Craigslist.

If you decide you want LeRoi, drop me a note, otherwise I will take him to auction on the 3rd.

Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by