Looking for an easy diy coop

mom3crazygirls

In the Brooder
May 15, 2022
I have several seabrights and want to make a smaller coop for them - since they’re so much smaller than my other chickies, I want to build a separate coop for them - I know how to add a covered run for them but I’m pretty much a novice builder and need plans that won’t require a lot of little cuts prior to assembling. I live in Florida so cold isn’t an issue, but we have all sorts of flying and 4 legged predators and already had a hawk grab one out of the yard with my husband less than 20 feet away! Now that I’ve recovered from the shock of that incident I’m ready to let them out of the garage again but want them to be able to start living on their own and need something I can build easily and inexpensively since a second house/coop/run wasn’t in my original plans!
Thank you in advance for all your assistance!
Gayle

If you can afford it, Omlets aren’t bad, and can be built by one person. You’ll want the Cube, not the Go for better ventilation and protection, and will want to make some other customizations (like adding HWC to the run area).

Being in Texas on the coast we built a hoop coop based slightly on the article permanent hoop coop guide.

Pictures.
20220805_172426-jpg.3212726

20220805_172413-jpg.3212741

20220805_172448-jpg.3212721

Took me and my brother a few months to do. We could only work a couple of hrs each evening and about half days on Saturdays and Sundays(hot hot hot weather 100+ every day from June on ward here). Also it was kind of a slow trickle of supplies as I got paid.

I'm brooding in the coop and its not complete complete. I still need to buy nesting boxes and get roosts in. I also need to fill in the back half under tarp with sand.

Back
Top Bottom