Looking for an incubator

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Nikkumz, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Nikkumz

Nikkumz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Spanaway,WA
    I had a homemade one, only hatched 4 out of 18 [​IMG] Took it apart didnt work
    Bought one off ebay...Paid $120 for it, got it here and SOMEHOW, the styrofoam was broke! SUPPOSABLY in shipping but OF COURSE i didnt get insured shipping, and this was supposed to come with an auto turner, well it didnt....Pretty much i got screwed out of alot of money i didnt really have to lose.
    Sent it back to the seller and havent heard anything from them since the last email saying to ship it back. Never got refunded or anything [​IMG] OF COURSE just my luck [​IMG]
    Im looking for a VERY inexpensive but good working incubator, willing to trade something for it if your in the same area as me or possibly through shipping if we can figure out a way to do that.
    But i really cant afford to pay more than $20 now that i lost all that money, not looking for a handout, willing to do help with farmwork or other household work ,if your in the same area as me, as a trade [​IMG]

2. LMiller49

LMiller49 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    I'm sorry you got screwed [​IMG] You are covered though by PayPal...go file a claim, and get you money back!

3. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Do you have pics of your home made one?Maby we can help you get it working better.My first few hatches where a bust even with a bought incubator.

4. Nikkumz

Mar 24, 2011
    Spanaway,WA
    No pictures [​IMG] it was a sterilite/rubbermaid type tub...All the eggs but one were developing and made it to lockdown and they all had fully formed chicks in them (i did eggtopsys) But only 4 hatched and my silky died after hatching.

5. shuizar209

shuizar209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2009
    Riverside
    Quote:Yep go to paypal. Thats one thing they are good at.

6. Nikkumz

Mar 24, 2011
    Spanaway,WA
    And i didnt pay with paypal, i just used my debit card because i dont like my card number being kept on file anywhere. I dont use ebay that often [​IMG]

7. madamwlf

madamwlf Nevermore Acres

Aug 22, 2010
    Mount Airy, MD
    You should still be able to file a claim with your bank. You didn't get what you paid for.

8. Nikkumz

Mar 24, 2011
    Spanaway,WA
    I know but the person is saying it was sold as is and it was in perfect condition when it left thier hands...Blaming it on the post office [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by