Looking for any chickens in MO

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by NewHopePoultry, Apr 28, 2009.

1. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    My husband has agreed to hlep me care for my ducks on te days I cant(due to my prengnacy) but he said if he does he wants some chickens, so now I'm on a mission for some chickens. They can be pure or mixed, he dont care(and nether do I) he just wants some to add to the yard.
    We are located about 60 miles north of St. Louis and cant travel very far.

2. teddiliza

teddiliza Chillin' With My Peeps

I probably have extras! I have some polish that aren't grown up yet, some blue cochin in the incubator due next week. Are you wanting all girls or would you want a boy or two? Do you want bantam or regular sized? Are they going to be free range chickens or stay in the coop? I'm sure there are some locals that own chickens in your area. If you look under 'calling all Missourians' you can post there and I'm sure someone besides me will respond, and most of us have extras. You'll definitely want to get your chickens settled in before that baby arrives! I think my favorite 'yard chickens' are my New Hampshire, my Barred Rock, and my Buff Orpington. They lay the best and eat those bugs- plus are all really sweet!

3. NewHopePoultry

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    I love blue cochins [​IMG]
    We really arent being picky, we both love any and all chickens, both bantams and standard sized. I would take some boys as long as I had some girls to go with them.
    We have a chicken coop,but also would let them free range like I do my ducks.
    All the locals around me go to the Farmers Marker and want alot for what they are selling [​IMG]

4. teddiliza

teddiliza Chillin' With My Peeps

In a few more weeks I might be able to help you out....My husband thinks I have too many chickens (hee hee).....I usually sell my 'spares' for anywhere between $3 and $5.
    I'll keep you posted.

5. encorepistol

encorepistol Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    MO
    I've got about 20 or so bantam cochins at about 6-8 weeks of age I'm selling. Most of the ones I want to get rid of are blue or black with buff accenting on different parts. I also have more in the brooder that are younger that I might sell later. I've also got a pair of blue rosecombs that I'm considering selling since I got all the eggs I need from them.

6. NewHopePoultry

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    DeSoto is pretty far from me [​IMG]

7. encorepistol

encorepistol Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    MO
    Didn't see that in your post sorry!!

8. NewHopePoultry