Looking for babies in San Diego May 09

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by NancyBrew, May 17, 2009.

1. NancyBrew

NancyBrew Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2009
    Hi everyone!
    What a fun forum! I have been reading up a storm.

I am looking for very young babies to start my little backyard pet- egg layer flock. Does anyone have babies this late in the season?

I have found Meyer Hatchery has a small order program. But would rather buy from a home source and locally if I can. I know of one feed store here in Jamul, but maybe someone here knows of others.

I am looking for 6 pullets, in any of these breeds: Amerucana, Australorp, Barnevelder, Black Star, Cochin, Delaware, Dorking, Jersey Giant, Plymouth rock, Rhode Island Red, Sussex or Wyandotte.

Please let me know if you have any babies, or know a better source in Southern CA.

Thanks
    NB

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  2. WWolf

WWolf Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2007
    San Diego
    Hi, Kahoots in Ramona had chicks last week. I am supposed to get a couple dozen more eggs in the next week or so to hatch. Let me know how your search goes and what you really want I may of some assistance.

3. NancyBrew

NancyBrew Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2009
    WWOLF,

Thanks for the reply, I will head up there and look. I also need to look at Flinn Springs Feed I think. I know I got a chick there for a science project one of my kids did, but that was a LONG time ago.

I am looking for babies, ones good with people. Not all have to be super layers, but preferably those that lay brown eggs.

I will book mark this and let you know what I find!

Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by