Looking for baby chicks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by wkndhndyman, Aug 2, 2011.

1. wkndhndyman

wkndhndyman Out Of The Brooder

Feb 7, 2010
    I live in Central NJ and was wondering if anybody knew where I can get baby Buff Orpingtons, Brahams, and/or Silkies? I have been looking for a while and no luck. Please could some one help? I was hoping to find somebody locally, but I am willing to drive if need be. Thanks for all your help.

2. PrestonSloan08

PrestonSloan08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    Corner Alabama
    Why don't you just order from a hatchery!! There are some really good ones!! Meyer is my favorite!! I just got three silkie chicks last week from them!! They where the only place I could find with a minimum of three chicks!!

3. wkndhndyman

Feb 7, 2010
    I thought of doing that but the shipping costs were high

4. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    I figure by the time I buy gas to drive to meet someone to pick up chicks - or visit a farm - the gas and my time would equal out to what I'd pay for shipping.

5. wkndhndyman

Feb 7, 2010
    I was hoping to find some one around my area, and I was only looking for 3 or 4 chicks.

6. itsy

itsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    New England
    I live in Central Jersey and am hatching Polish Chicken eggs as we speak . Let's PM and maybe I can help you get some chicks, even if they aren't mine. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by